Chapter 59 - 'Party-pooper'

These awesome covers were made for Hades' Daughter and War of Fate by ! I love them!

When I feel my feet hit the hard ground of our destination, I want to keep my eyes closed and stay where I am, in fear of what Kyle is going to do, but unfortunately I have no control on the situation and my eyes open immediately. I hear Kyle let out a sigh beside me, looking around at where we are. I want to move my head along with him; to see the gated entrance to the Grim Reapers house, to see the palm trees and other houses around, but my head stays still, looking forwards.

"It's exactly the same as the last time I came," he says as if he was remembering a fond memory. "I trust the owner of the house is as well."

I go to ask him what he meant by the comment, but all I get out is a groan-like sound. Kyle's hand appears in front of my face, closing into a fist. All breath is sucked from my body again.

"Hate to be a party-pooper but here are the rules: One, I will do most of the talking through you, you are not to make any noises at all or attempt to. Two, there may be a time where I give you back control, but you will not try to warn them or say anything apart from what I allow. Are we clear? Every time you disobey one of these rules, your dad will get one inch closer to dying, as well as you experiencing excruciating pain, and you know from our time together I can cause unimaginable pain," he tells me. I let out a squeak as I try and lash out at Kyle who is not there, but my body does not move a centimeter. Still struggling to breathe in oxygen, a dull pain starts to intensify in my head. I silently scream, as I hear Kyle's voice over the ringing in my ears.

"What did I say?" he snaps, but breathes heavily as in pain. "But I guess that one was my fault, I forgot to mention the most important thing. Silly me. Your dad is currently lying under a guillotine, and will only make it out alive if you cooperate." Kyle's hand unclenches and he allows me to take deep breaths. I can feel a lump starting to form in my throat as an image of my dad in that situation fills my mind, but the tears don't fall as Kyle keeps me as his emotionless robot. I knew it was wrong that I hadn't heard from my dad. I mentally take a deep breathe, I will do whatever stupid things Kyle wants me to. I'm not going to let my dad be killed because of my stubbornness.

Suddenly, I am starting forwards, my knees being pulled into the air by Kyle, in an over-exaggerated march.

"Sorry, I'm still getting used to your body. I'll get comfortable in here soon," Kyle says, his form next to me tapping my forehead.

"Bite Me," I reply internally, hoping that Kyle will not punish me for it. He chuckles, but doesn't cause me pain.

"I won't be doing the biting today, Scare Bear." The silly march stops as I get to the gates. "Told you I would get comfortable soon enough." My hand rises and pressed the small metal button to allow me to talk to Clive. The speaker crackles and then Clive's voice fills the air.

"What are you doing standing on the drive?" he asks.

"Hello to you too," I hear myself answer in a way that comes out more mechanical than sarcastic.

"What's wrong with your voice?" he asks.

"Nothing," I hear myself answer. I see out of the corner of my eyes, Kyle tensing up slightly. Good. They're not going to make it too easy for him.

"No sarcastic remark? No joke? Are you OK?" he asks. I hear myself let out a laugh. To my ears it sounded fake, but is it going to fool Clive?

Clive lets out an unconvinced sound, but allows the gate to open.

"Why didn't you drive?"

"What's with all the questions?" I hear myself snap back. Clive didn't deserve that. I may be annoying to him, but I would never intentionally be mean to him. It's weird, only when I am possessed by Kyle do I realize that the bitch I was being over the past couple of days isn't me.

The line goes dead on the other end, and I begin to walk up the long drive.

Here you go! Sorry for the long wait! Unfortunately there will be another 4 week wait, as I need to update on Radish again. I am trying to get back into the update routine, however as I have been out of it for a long time, it has been hard. ;) I hope that that will change soon!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)