Chapter 27 - Human to Demon

These awesome covers were made for War of Fate by sophiec312

These awesome covers were made for War of Fate by sophiec312. I love them! If you want to send me anything, as always, just PM me! :) Seeing what all of you make for my books is amazing, and it makes my day!

I am sitting in my car, waiting for 3 o'clock to roll around so I can meet Grant. I look over to Hunter who is in the passenger seat on his phone. He had insisted, when I told him this morning at his apartment that I would be leaving school early, that he should come along. I snort when I remember what had happened before.

Hunter tried to do something nice for me, and got up early to make breakfast and bring it to me in bed. However, when he entered his room, he tripped over something on his floor, sending everything on the tray flying. Seeing that was better than any breakfast in bed. The look on his face was a mixture of disappointment, amusement and hurt.

"Oh god, don't tell me you're laughing at this morning again." Hunter declares despairingly. I press my lips together to stop a laugh escaping, but image of the toast and coffee flying through the air has me breaking the seal. Hunter rolls his eyes and looks back to his phone.

"I'm glad I amuse you. I'll be here all week." He announces.

"Oh, I was going to give you a lift home. But if you want to stay all week, I won't." I let him know. He laughs sarcastically as I check my phone.

"He should be here any time soon, let's go." I tell Hunter. I reach for my bag which I have stocked up with 6 different blood bags, and exit the car. Hunter follows behind me as I walk to the centre of the car park. I drop the bag, and wait.

I don't have to wait long, as a couple of minutes later, a car pulls into the lot. Once the car is parked, both doors at the front open and Grant and a women step out. The brunette woman looks around nervously, before her brown eyes rest on me and Hunter. From where I am standing I can hear her rapid heartbeat. Her eyes fly down to the car, and she looks like she wants to flee. Grant walks around the car and takes her hands in his.

"If you're too nervous to go through with it, I could compel you so that you won't remember what you're doing." He offers. I see the woman consider it.

"Wait here." I instruct Hunter. I quickly walk over to where Grant and the woman are standing.

"Hi. Scarlett, I'll be changing you." I quickly introduce myself to the women, waving my hand.

"Helen." She offers, as she backs up, and looks to Grant. I ignore her reaction, and carry on.

"Compulsion wouldn't help. It might not work well if you did it, no offence intended, it is fact. Also, the compulsion will ware off when she dies. It's up to you at the end of the day, if you don't want to go through with it then don't. This is for the rest of eternity."

"I want to do this. Someone changed him without his consent, and I want to be there for him for the rest of both our lives." She says firmly, meaning it.