Chapter 52 - Old Friend

The figure rushes forwards and a hand comes slapping down onto my face, and over my lips.

"Scar, it's me!" Adrian says, my eyes adjusting so I am able to see his face. I don't know whether I should still want to scream. Is he here for revenge of what I did to him?

"You set the alarm off," I state, once he brings his hand away from me.

"Yes, they've changed it since I used to sneak in when we were younger," he explains. I watch him warily. I hadn't seen him since I tortured him, and I don't know what our relationship is. Do I want to be friends with him again? Is he angry at me for what I did to him? There is no evidence of what I did to him on his skin, he's healed fully.

The pounding of feet on the stairs has Adrian looking round frantically. Usually if my dad were to find Adrian in my room, he wouldn't care, he would even expect it, but now after everything would my dad get mad? By the looks of Adrian they haven't spoken, and he's not been forgiven yet.

"Please don't tell them I'm here," he pleads with me before disappearing into my closet. As the door closes behind Adrian, the door to my room flies open revealing my dad and a guard.

"Why did you scream? Are you OK?" my dad asks as he rushes forwards looking me over. I try to brush it off, thinking quickly of an excuse. I want to hear what Adrian has to say, like when he came to me on Earth. He might also be able to explain to me things that my dad doesn't want me to know.

"I'm fine dad, I'm just jumpy from my time with Kyle and the alarm, so when I saw the sheets crumpled up I thought it was a body." He looks to the bed, and then back to me.

"Are you sure?" he asks. The look in his eyes almost is like he knows, and is asking me to say the word which we agreed upon. If I were to ever be in danger, and couldn't say because whatever was threatening me was close and listening, my dad and I agreed on a word so I could let him know. People will do anything to get to my dad, and that includes taking me.

"Yes," I reassure.

My dad gives another look around the room, before looking back to me. I know then that I was right. He knows, but he's going to leave it and allow me to talk to him. I haven't told my dad that I'm in danger, so he trusts me. He nods at me before leaving the room, closely followed by the guard. I exhale, turning back to see is stepping cautiously out.

"He's gone," I assure him, moving down the steps and to the couch and chairs there. I curl up in one of the chairs, and nod towards the couch expectantly. I stifle a yawn as I watch Adrian sit down on the couch.

"So, why risk everything to come here?" I ask. He leans forward, his arms resting on his legs, his hands going to his hair.

"I heard what Kyle did," he states as if that should give me enough explanation. I raise my eyebrow.

"And? Many people have, but they're not where you are right now." He groans looking up, his face suddenly furious.

"You still haven't forgiven me have you?"

Here you go my little devils! I am so sorry for the short part! The next part will unfortunately be in 3 weeks, but after that they will be back to weekly! Yay! ;)

In the meantime the Wattys start next week, and I have been thinking whether to enter Hades' Daughter again (if it is eligible), and maybe this one (along with another of mine - The Bars Between Us)? What do you guys think? Would you vote for them? :)

A big shoutout to S-StarNix! Go and check out her book, which I am helping her edit! It is amazing! <3

Another shoutout to CovertSniper who is holding another competition on another of his books. Your character could be included in his book! :)

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)