Chapter 58 - The Return of Kyle

I open my eyes, and blink a couple of times, stretching my arms. I stifle a yawn as I listen to the house, exactly like I did yesterday, to see if my dad had returned yet. I hadn't heard anymore about where he is, he hasn't even sent me a message through over demons to say that he's okay or when he'll be home, like he usually does. The longer he is gone, the more guilty I feel about how I treated and talked to him. I may annoy him sometimes, but I have never spoken to him like that before. I place my feet on the hard floor, and make my way to the bathroom. I push the door open and rub my eye, before getting a glance of my reflection. I scream and spin around when I see Kyle behind me in the mirror, however when I turn around I find that the bathroom is empty apart from me. I turn slowly back, having forgotten what day it is.

"Miss me?" Kyle asks.

"No. Not one bit," I answer honestly and almost instantly, not wanting to let on that I was surprised to see him. I turn the tap on and splash some hot water onto my face, trying to wake up some more and normalize him being here.

"Hm, see I know that's not true, as I am inside your head right now... and I can make you do anything," he says, singing the last part.

"That's nice," I say to the mirror, flashing him a smile before turning and walking out of the room. I desperately need the toilet, but I'm not going when Kyle is in my head. "Lets just get this over with Kyle."

"But that wouldn't be any fun," he complains appearing beside me, but I know that if anyone were to walk in they wouldn't see him.

"I don't care whether it's fun or not. We're not doing this for fun," I snap at him as I walk down to my chairs.

"I am," Kyle says. I spin around, glaring at him.

"Is that what it is to you? You one day woke up and thought, I know what will be fun, betraying Scarlett and her dad," I ask harshly. He walks closer to me until I can feel his breath on my face. I pull back repulsed.

"It's not just the one," he tells me with a grin. "It's every. I've seen you trying to act like I'm not affecting you, pushing everyone away, but I know deep down in here," he continues, prodding me in the chest above my heart, "I am. But if you want to push people away, and show everyone the bitch again, then by all means continue. I'll even help you. You're doing me a favor."

I've been an idiot! He wants me to push my dad away, and even though he wasn't in my life he has controlled everything to cause the outcomes to his advantage. The self admonishment overshadows the hurt I am feeling from Kyle talking to me like that.

I go to open my mouth to retort, but Kyle brings his hand up.

"Sh..." he says simply, but when I next go to talk, my vocal chords have stopped working. "Want me to show you what else I can do?" He cocks his head to the side, and slowly I feel all the air leave my body. I try and draw a breath in, but I slowly suffocate when I can't draw any oxygen. My mind flashes back to the pool, and him holding me under, to the room I was held captive in where they suffocated me through torture. Tears begin to form at the corners of my eyes as the memories and lack of oxygen gets too much for my body.

Eventually, Kyle allows me to breathe again. I wheeze out coughs as I draw in gulps of air. He chuckles slightly.

"We're going to have a lot of fun day. It'll even be like the olden days. Trips up to Earth, causing mayhem wherever we go." I try and talk again but I am still unable to get anything out. My body is stiff as I stand like a robot in front of him, waiting my next command.

"This," he says motioning to my pajamas, "won't do. Go and change, and then we can start out rampage." He disappears from sight, but I know that he is still in control of me when I begin to walk to my closet without any control over my body.

Minutes later, after dressing myself, cringing at the the thought of Kyle watching, he appears again.

"First stop, the lair of the Grim Reapers." I feel the familiar sensation of teleportation, and silently pray that Reid is not home.

Here you go devil's children!

It's a long A/N so make sure you read it!

Due to the publishing of Hades' Daughter, I have not been able to post anything else of Radish yet. I hope to post something tonight, so the chapter will be in 4 weeks. Sorry for the delay! Keep an eye out on here and Hades' Daughter for any announcements that could be made in the meantime.

I have also been busy in the last couple of days, as I thought of something quick and easy for me to do while you wait for updates. I know I talked about starting a YouTube channel where I could give you writing tips, and do some creative stuff, but I tried to film some videos (and failed). I found it took too much time for me to do (to plan, film, and edit) and also write, so I have found a compromise and something better to do instead. I am going to start a blog! I will be guided by you, so let me know what you want to see, and I will write something about it (I can't promise however that I will be able to do everything). I have been creating the site, setting it all up, and hopefully I will make it live soon (within the next week). I will make an announcement here when I have posted it. It's going to be more personal (not an author site, but I may touch on it), so make sure you sign up to my author website to get free goodies, and updates.

charlotte-carol.awesomeauthors.org

I have loved reading all your reviews, so keep them coming!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)