Chapter 18 - 'A bullet won't change that'

I am sat on my couch with my legs curled up under me, staring into the empty space, pondering everything that happened tonight.

*Fifty minutes earlier*

Hunter looks from me to Lily.

"What happened?" He asks concerned, walking towards me.

"I drank something."

"What, something spiked?" He asks, cupping my cheek, and making me look him in the eyes.

"No. Kyle, through Lily, gave me some blood that was tainted. Lily then attacked me to retrieve some of my own blood. That's why she's unconscious. Well, I think she's unconscious." I tell him, moving out of his grip, and to Lily. I listen closely and can hear two heartbeats as well as my own. "Yep, she's just unconscious." Hunter shakes his head at my remark.

"What are we going to do with her?" He asks.

"I don't know, haven't decided yet." I tell him winking. He chuckles. A cheer sounds inside, causing Hunter to turn around, looking back to the house, this makes him miss what happens next. The first thing I know is that I have a searing pain in my shoulder. The second thing is that I am on my back. The third is Lily standing, holding a gun. I hear another shot, but this time Lily cries out. Hunter is down beside me in an instant. He has his phone out. I reach up and pull it away from his ear.

"You can't call an ambulance. It'll heal too quickly to explain."

"I'm not calling 911, I'm calling a cab. We should get you out of here." I hesitate, but give him his phone back. A couple of minutes later the cab arrives.

"Can you stand?"

"It's in my shoulder, not my leg." I tell him, rolling my eyes. He smiles, helping me to my feet. As we walk to the cab I look around and see Lily has disappeared. I look back to the party and see Reid looking at me. He looks to be concerned, but when he sees me looking he turns back into the party.

"At least I know you're still yourself."

"You should now a bullet won't change that." I tell him. He opens the door of the cab for me, and follows in after me. The cab driver exclaims when he sees me bleeding. Hunter reaches into his pocket and brings out his badge, showing it to the driver.

"Drive." He says giving me my address. The driver quickly turns around and starts the car.

"You do that a lot?" I ask. He replies with a wink.

*^*^*

As I sit here I realise I'm powerless, in the fact that I can't keep everyone away from Kyle and his persuasions. I feel the couch dip, and I know Hunter has joined my pity party. I feel his hand on my arm, and I turn to look at him.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. My shoulder is patched up, with the bullet out. I can feel it is starting to slowly heal.

"Betrayed. I thought that I had good friends." I say disheartened. Hunter pulls me closer.

"You do. Lily was just one person. Maybe you tell the others some of what is happening, not everything, that way they won't get one side if Kyle does come to them." He suggests.

"He won't. He's already achieved his aim." I explain.

"It's up to you; I'll be with you whatever you choose." I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Thanks. I wonder if your boss has found Reid yet."

"I think we would have found out by now." Hunter says, with a slight edge to his tone. I furrow my eyebrows and sit up, looking at him.

"Why are you like that?" I ask.

"Like what?"

"You tell me, you sounded off when we were talking about Reid." He sighs.

"When Reid get's his memory back are you going to leave me?" He asks.

Here you go! Hope you liked it!!

Chapter 19 is free on Radish. Chapter 20 will become free in 8 hours. :) I will be posting a part on Radish as well today.

What do you think Scar's response will be?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!!

CC ;)