Chapter 14 - 'It's time for tickles!'

This amazing cover was sent to me by @Author_Bae!! As always if you want to send me anything just PM me. :) A pic of Leo will be in the next part. :)

I turn back to Hunter, wanting to make sure I'm not going mad.

"You can see him too, right?" I ask turning back around to the window. Kyle was gone.

"I saw him." Hunter confirms. I let the breath out to only hold it back in again. He wasn't in my head, but he's showing me he can come to my home. I go to fall onto the couch, but I slide off it and end up on the floor. I rest my head on my knees, which are pulled to my chest. It takes a lot for me to break, and I'm nearly there. I can't take this anymore. It's day in, day out. Hunter walks closer, and falls down beside me.

"He won't hurt you, I won't let him." He tells me, trying to be reassuring. The corner of my mouth turns up slightly, but I still feel dread rush through me.

"I'm not really worried about him hurting me, but thanks, he would have hurt me by now; he's had the chance. That's what I'm worried about, he's had the chance to fatally hurt me, more than once, and he hasn't done anything. What is he planning? Is he waiting for the right moment to kill me? Does he need me for something?" Since the situation at the apartment, I am starting to think that his objective is not to kill me. Grant was the one to say that he wanted to kill me, but I think Kyle knew I could defeat Grant. After that, I had only assumed that he wanted to kill me from his actions. Now I just think he wants to scare me, keeping me high-strung, so he has control over me. Unfortunately, it's working. I press my eyelids together, trying to ward of the tears. I've done enough crying this year. I lift my head up, wiping away the tears that sneaked out. I push a smile onto my face and stand up. I need to carry on, staying strong, to show Kyle he hasn't won yet – he's not broken me. Hunter looks up at me.

"Are you OK?" He asks.

"Yes, of course." I reply, faking happiness. I walk back towards the kitchen, picking my dress up on the way. I pull it over my head, before walking to the stove and taking the furiously boiling rice off the heat. I feel Hunter come up behind me. He puts his hands on my hips.

"Scar, it's OK to feel scared." Hunter tells me.

"I'm not." I tell him, still with the false smile painted on my face.

"Scar, you looked broken." He tells me gently. I feel my hands start to shake; I slam the pan in my hands down onto the counter, causing the water to slosh out onto the counter and me. I've never felt this way, and it's making me feel powerless. Hunter reaches around and takes my hands. He turns me around and holds them together against his chest. I avoid his eyes, knowing he will see what I'm really feeling. Fear.

"Scar, look at me." He pleads bending down so he's in my eyesight.

"I'm going to go and get changed." I mumble, pulling out of his grip and walking upstairs. I enter my closet and find the most comfortable thing I have. It's a grey, woollen, off the shoulder sweater. I grab a pair of leggings to put with it. Once I have changed I make my way back downstairs, as I pass it, I look in the mirror and see that my eyes, which are usually bright, are in fact lifeless and dull. I look at myself for a couple of minutes, trying to bring some life back into my eyes. The reflection stares back at me, when it doesn't work, pitifully. I arrive downstairs to find Hunter has served up the curry. When he sees me, he smiles and hands me a bowl. I thank him quietly, sitting down at the table. He sits down opposite me with his own bowl, and watches my every move. I start to eat, feeling comfort from the familiar meal.

"Are you going to eat, or just stare at me for the rest of the evening?" I ask. Hunter smiles slightly and picks up his fork. He puts a forkful into his mouth, and his eyes widen.