Chapter 23 - Answers

I wait for something to go wrong, thinking that Kyle is just toying with my feelings. However, when all I can feel his soft lips moving over mine gently, I realise that it's Reid's decision and no one else's. I never thought that it could be someone else's choice. I smile into the kiss and move my lips along with him. Slowly his gentle movements become rougher, and his hand comes up and entangles itself in my hair. I let out a small moan and move my hands to his shirt, clutching it tightly, never wanting to let go. I yearn for more. I tug slightly at his shirt, as I move back breathlessly. He gets the message and helps me pull the shirt over his head. I clamber onto his lap and look down at his defined chest. It looks as if it has been carved from stone by the most talented sculptor. However the sculpture has been painted with tattoos and tarnished by scars. I trace my fingers over the scars, which some of them I assume are from the knife fight he had with Meredith, and then finally get to one over his heart. When I touch it I hear his heartbeat get louder and quicker. I stare at it causing me to relive that moment all over again. I force myself to look away from it and back up to Reid. I'm curious as to what Kyle makes him think the scar is from, so I ask him.

"It doesn't matter." He replies.

"Please!" I persist pouting.

"I said it doesn't matter." He tells me angrily.

"OK, I'm sorry." I tell him. His eyebrows relax slightly and he lifts my chin up, before placing tiny kisses along my jaw.

"Now, are we going to finish what we started?" He asks between the kisses. I bite my lip to suppress a smile. He's acting more like the Reid I used to know. His last tiny kiss, which turns into a passionate one, is on my lips, after he pulls my lip from my teeth with his thumb. His hands travel down my body and to my lower back, pushing so my body presses up against him, making me feel how aroused he is. I hear faint footsteps coming down the corridor, and as they get closer they become louder, loud enough for anyone to hear. I pull back from Reid, as they sound like they are coming to the office. Reid however follows me, a mischievous smile on his lips.

"Reid, stop, someone is coming." I mumble, but not acting on what I said as I continue to kiss him.

"And?" He mumbles back, still smiling. I roll my eyes and go along with it.

However, when I hear the door open and Hunter's and Tiffany's cries, I pull back and away from Reid. The first thing I see is Reid's triumphant smile as he pushes me off his lap. My hazy mind slowly understands what happened. Reid was using me to get back at Tiffany. He wasn't getting feelings for me again, he knew they were coming back. My idea is verified when Hunter shouts at Reid.

"You bastard! You said to come back in 5 minutes with Tiffany, and when I do you're making out with my girlfriend!" He screams at him.

"Payback's a bitch." Reid replies smugly.

"For what?!" Hunter shouts. Reid looks over to me, and then back to Hunter.

"I'll let her explain that to you later, I don't want you both in my office anymore. Get out!" Reid tells them firmly. Tiffany looks embarrassed that she's been rumbled, and leaves with her head down and quickly. Hunter looks to me confused and then slowly turns around and leaves, after telling me he'll wait for me outside. Once he's gone I turn my attention to Reid. I stand up from the couch and look down at him angrily.

"How dare you use me like that, I'm not some whore that you can use for whatever you want whenever you want."

"You weren't complaining when we were actually doing it." He says, grinning and getting up. His hands fall onto my hips and pull me closer. I slap him before storming towards the door.

"Did you mean anything you did or said?" I ask turning back to him.

"You want to know if the things I said about my feeling are true." He states. I don't reply, waiting for the answer. "They weren't." He finally says.

"You know you can't just play with people's feelings?" I tell him before exiting the office, and slamming the door behind me. It seems that every time I come to Reid's office, I always leave angry. I pause however when I hear a crash come from inside the office, and Reid exclaiming like he's angry at something.

I continue to walk out to my car, where Hunter is standing there expectantly. I ignore him and get into the driver's side. I look out through my windshield, and shout to Hunter to get in. He obliges and falls down into the seat next to me. I wait until his door is closed and press my foot down on the pedal. I ignore Hunter's looks as I zoom down the drive.

"I'm not your girlfriend." I tell him.

"I know, but Reid thinks you are." He explains.

"I wasn't finished. I'm not your girlfriend, but you did say you loved me so explain to me what this photo is." I tell him throwing it at him. Out of the corner of my eye I can see his movements, as he unfolds the photo. When he's opened it, the car is silent.

"How did you get this?" He asks worry clear in his tone.

"Why? Are you unhappy that your secret has been exposed?"

"Where did you get it?" He asks pronouncing every word clearly and furiously.

"Reid thought you were cheating on me, so he had you followed."

"Oh god!" He exclaims.

"Answer my question."

"What if he found out about me being a cop?" He continues.

"You would have found out by now." I tell him irritably. "Now answer my question!" I nearly shout.

"Why do you care?! Like you said I'm not your boyfriend." He counters matching my pitch. I turn my glare to him.

"I know but I thought we at least had something. I thought all our kisses and everything you said had meaning. Our relationship is complicated and you know it." Hunter looks back at the photo and then back up at me, crumpling the photo up. "Who is the woman?" I persist.

"She's no one." Hunter says turning to look out the window. I keep looking at him.

"Don't lie to me. You know all of my secrets; let me know all of yours." He sighs, turning towards me.

"Do I? Do I know all of your secrets?" He asks.

"Yes. Let me in, I want to know more about you." I insist.

"OK, you want to know more about me, turn left up here, and I'll direct you from there. Let me show you my life outside the Grim Reapers and the police force." He instructs. I do as he says and follow his directions from there.

I've decided to call you all 'My Little Devils', so...

Hello my Little Devils, I hope you liked it!

Did Reid mean what he said?

Excited to know more about Hunter?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following!

CC ;)