Chapter 2 - 'We need to talk.'

I look around the parking lot, while I wait for Grant. I hadn't received a parcel today from Kyle. Not yet, anyway. I wonder, as I kick a small rock causing it to roll across the floor, if yesterday was the climax of the whole thing. What else could he do? I don't think he would be able to do anything to make me feel crazier than I already do now? Is that what he wants, to make me seem crazy and untrustworthy? If so it's working. I sigh and try to think of something else. I should have really agreed a time with Grant. My phone rings and I pull it out expecting to see Grant texting, I don't know why because I didn't even give him my number, however I'm disappointed, and happy at the same time, to see that it was in fact Hunter. I haven't spoken to him since the last time I was in school and had our make-out session. I was worried that it had ruined our friendship. We didn't leave things in a good place, and I feel awful for what I said to him, I was scared by the feelings I had and needed an escape; I was worried about what Reid would do if he found out.

Hunter: We need to talk. I deflate a bit at the message, hoping for him to say something more. Well, at least he wants to talk to me.

Scarlett: Yeah sure, name the time and place.

Hunter: I'm on my way. It takes me a minute to realise that he means my house, not the parking lot.

Scarlett: I'm not there right now - let yourself in. I shouldn't be long. I get no reply, so I assume that he will. I now want to get this over with faster, so I can go and talk to Hunter before he thinks I don't care about our friendship. I get bored of standing around, so I take a run up and jump, grabbing onto the edge of the flat roof of the closest building, pulling myself up to sit on it. I start to swing my feet, looking out over Miami. Sitting on the top of the building I can see and hear the movements of the neighbourhood. I watch the people walk to their different destinations; I wonder what problems they have in their life. It's interesting to see how different humans are from us, and each other. They are all unaware of everything going on around them, they are all each in their own little bubble, their own little world. However, the bubbles are going to pop if Kyle and his army take over, I'm meant to be OK with bad things happening, being Hade's daughter, and I am to some extent, but I'm starting to get to like Earth and some of the people on it. If Kyle does get his way he would expose our kind and that would mean bad news for all of human kind. Havoc is good, hell wouldn't exist without it, but from people who can't pay for what they did for all of eternity, it's not right.

"It's fascinating, isn't it?" Grant remarks from beside me, making me jump. I make a noise of agreement, looking over to where he is sitting.

"What do you have for me?" I ask.

"Not a lot, I still don't know who the leader is, but I know he is planning for something."

"I know who it is; do you know what he is planning?" I ask.

"Whoever they are is trying to make you sound unstable, untrustworthy. They know that if you're dad thinks you aren't reliable; he will start to disbelieve you. I don't know what he has planned after doing that, but I know that whatever it is will be a major part of the revolution." It was what I thought and dreaded. It is slowly working as well; I can tell my dad is starting to think I'm going crazy. I stand up and brush myself off. I start to pace and run my hands through my hair.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get any more information, we're not told a lot." Grant says.

"No, thank you, that helps." I tell him. "OK, you kept up your end of the bargain, now it's my turn. Have you decided what you want from me?" I ask him. He stands up and walks closer to me. He shoves his hands into his pockets and looks out over the city.

"I want you to turn someone for me." He says.

"I'll do it. I don't have to be the one to do it; I can tell you how to do it, if you want."

"They have to die right?" He asks. I nod. "I don't want to kill her; I just want to be with her forever." He continues. I nod in understanding.

"OK, bring them next week, the same day at 3pm, I'll explain the process and start it then." I tell him smiling. At least next time we'll have an actual time. He nods before running and jumping off the roof, landing on the ground before running off at a fast speed. I follow his lead, walking to my bike.

*^*^*

I arrive home and enter to see Hunter is sat on the couch with his elbows on his knees, his head resting in his hands. When he hears the door close behind me, he looks up at me. I give him a smile.

"So you wanted to talk to me?"

"I hear that Reid's not been back to the house, do you know where he is?" He inquires.

"Is that what you wanted to talk about?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Well?" He asks, ignoring my question.

"No, I have no idea where he is." I reply, telling the truth.

"What happened to him then? I thought you two were back together, and told each other everything as well as doing everything with each other." He says snidely, standing up.

"Excuse me? I know what happened last week hurt you, and I didn't mean it, but that doesn't mean you have to ruin our friendship by being an asshole about it." I tell him angrily.

"I'm being the asshole? You were the one to make out with me, and then say that it meant nothing. I was there for you. I wanted to be there for you, when Reid wasn't, and you just blew me off like I was insignificant. Am I not bad enough for you? Do I have to be a fucking gang leader for you to notice my feelings for you?!" He shouts. We both freeze as we realise what he said. He looks at me, breathing heavily.

"Well?" He asks.

"What do you want me to do? Tell you a lie? That what happened last week doesn't hurt me every single fucking day? That I don't have feelings for you? But it doesn't change a thing, I will never stop looking for Reid and I won't hurt him, by betraying his trust..."

"I don't give a fuck about Reid's feelings..." He says, cutting me off, striding towards me. He grabs me by the neck and pulls me into a kiss.

This book has already got onto the what's hot list!! I can't believe it!! The highest it got up to was 84!! In the top 100!!! Thank you all so much!

A shout out to crazymonkey072! Go and check out her books!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing and following (to those of you who do that ;))

CC ;)