╟ Chapter 118: Heart Stealer ╢

Start from the beginning

"(y/n)-ya..." greeted Law with a smirk, and you scowled at the weirdo.

"What are you doing here?" you demanded, standing next to Luffy.

"Yeah. Where's the talking bear and those guys?" added the young boy.

"I'm impressed that you survived, Straw Hat-ya. But there is no need to feel indebted to me for saving you back then" spoke smoothly the dark haired man. "I was just acting on a whim"

"As if I would believe you" you replied snarkily, grabbing Luffy by his shoulders and pushing him out of the way.

"We are pirates, (y/n)-ya. Don't forget that"

"Shishishi! I guess!" grinned Luffy. "If we're both going for One Piece, then that makes us enemies...but I still owe a debt to a lot of people after what happened two years ago. How lucky that I got to meet you right after meeting Jimbei! Really, thanks!"

"Hey! There's a collapsed Marine over there!" shouted Usopp, pointing to a fallen body in the snow.

You followed your comrades' gaze, and your eyes fell on the Marine in question. With the familiar white hair, the jitte and the cigars laying just next to him, you grew mortified as you recognized the man as Smoker.

"Smokey-kun!" you exclaimed in shock, and both Law and Luffy's brows twitched at the same time.

"Smokey-kun?..." the young men said in unison, a dark edge in the tone they used.

Then, at the distance, several shouts of this nickname resonated in the air as a group of Marines were coming in your direction:

"Hey! This isn't good, Luffy! The Marine's here!" cried out Usopp.

"R-Right!" stammered your captain as Tashigi arrived on the scene and knelt beside Smoker's body.

"Smoker-san!" the woman yelled with a worried expression, taking a look at her superior.

"I knew it, it's Old Smokey and his group! That sure takes me back!" smiled Luffy, waving in their way.

Tears gathered in the female Marine's eyes as she glared darkly at Law. She grabbed her sword and charged at male who simply sighed at her recklessness and her stupidity. The woman ignored Law's warnings as she prepared to attack and slice him into pieces. She was too blinded in her fury to see the Surgeon of Death summoned a blue sphere with his hand.

Law sent at you a devious look in your direction, and you blinked in confusion. He shoved his sword forward four times, and you felt like your heart was snapped out of your chest. You gasped in surprise, eyes widening as the blue sphere disappeared and Tashigi fell unconscious on the ground. You gazed down to see what happened exactly, and a loud scream escaped your lips when instead of your body, you saw....Luffy's chest?!