Chapter 8

Sorry for the late update. I went on vacation (finally XD) and I've been really busy typing essays for my classes which sucks and so now that I have time I'm updating. Not sure when the next update will be so cross your fingers.

• Third person POV •

It was almost to good to be true. Their curiosity for the girl was going to be finally satisfied, no more questions just answers.

Although, the four half-bloods could have gone without the Sakamaki's on their journey to gain information, but it was either them or more unanswered questions. They preferred less of the latter.

Reiji had explained the plan and it was all to simple, nothing too complicated and nothing to hard to remember, they knew they could handle this without a hitch, well hopefully.

The Mukami's and the Sakamaki's were both to share the same role. They were to get closer to her, follow her, or even do whatever they had to do, be it through indirect or direct contact, it didn't matter. They were to gain information in any way possible without giving away their real intentions.

The boys understood perfectly and smirked at the thought. It all seemed so easy.

But was it really?

———

Yumiko smirked.

She knew all to well what the boys were thinking. They were like open books.

She would play along, but she had matters to attend to. The dreaded day was upon her. It was the day of the evening star, her one day of becoming a full on demon and going into heat, since she was part werewolf.

Knowing that she'd attract unwanted attention from the male population she devised a plan to disappear into the woods and hide out in a cave. She could only hope her hormones wouldn't attract unwanted male attention, her werewolf friends included. Last time didn't go so well considering Ryder and Hunter nearly tore each other, and the door apart, to try and get to her while she suffered by her self in her bedroom. Thankfully the other guys were there to stop them or they would have done something very regretful, but she soon found out that it affected them as well, just not as much as the two male werewolves.

One word,

Embarrassing.....

Yumiko wasn't going to risk it this time, so she packed everything she needed. A pair of clothes, shoes, a blanket, pain killers, a pillow, food, and lots of water/blood. It was going to be a very long day...

———

• Yumiko's POV •

Shit...almost died

I nearly tripped down the steps of the mansion in an effort to make a daring and quick escape. I failed obviously.

But if you were wondering I was just about ready to begin my day of torture. Sigh..

Clutching the bag straps on my backpack I quickly dashed through the open door and out the front gate as swiftly as possible. I was beginning to feel the heat bubble from under my skin and spread through me like a wildfire. I moaned in both pain and pleasure; my whole body was sensitive to the slightest touch and I ended up collapsing right in front of the dark cave I was staying in for the night. My hair began to grow longer and my eyes burned, no doubt a fierce red. My canines sharpened along with my nails and ears. My senses expanded and my pupils turned into slits. I was in my demon form with a couple of features similar to a wolf. I growled and writhed on the floor as my body burned in pain and pleasure. Sexual relief was my only cure, but I promised myself to save this special day for my future mate who I would claim and love as mine for eternity.

I muffled my howls and clawed at the ground in search of some sort of relief, but it did nothing but help keep me aware of my unfortunate situation.

I dragged myself into the cave where the floor was much cooler and a little more damp compared to the dry earthen floor outside.

I shuddered and clawed at the stone floor with my claws as sharp pains and heat waves racked my body over and over again.

Sometimes it sucked being a woman.

———

• No one's POV •

A curious nose sniffed the cool air silently. A faint mix of smells lingered in the air and into his nose. They smelt of ash, blood, lust, and cinnamon. It growled in pleasure, knowing it caught the familiar stench of a female in heat.

A growl surfaced in its throat and it howled, no doubt alerting anyone near of its presence and its raging dominance.

It dug its paws into the earthen ground below and took off into a run. It was determined to lay claim on the vulnerable female.

———

• Yumiko's POV •

I tensed upon hearing a male howl pierce the air.

I cursed my luck and did my best to crawl towards a small pool of muddy water. Hopefully it would mask my scent and cool my heated body.

I'm gonna be honest, my luck sucked ass.

I quit moving and laid stock still against the wall after covering as much as my skin with muddy water as possible. I could only pray my scent would fade and he would pass the cave oblivious to my presence.

Okay I know this is short but I really hate making long chapters. It takes time and sometimes I second guess myself on how a chapter sounds while being read. So understand that I edit A LOT, or sometimes brainstorm for a long time before settling on one good chapter idea.

Also my birthday was yesterday, the 19th of October, and school started a day before that...so I was swamped with homework (already!) which sucks. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter, expect a better chapter that will (hopefully/I'll try) to post in a week or two, I'm unsure at the moment.

Please VOTE, FOLLOW, or COMMENT, thank you!!!