Chapter 97: The Assault

Geralt and Shade arrived to Vinliel and saw Dave and told him everything but Dave couldn't believe what Geralt and Shade were saying. Not until he checked the guild menu and saw that Duraralt left the guild, then he aimed an arrow at Shade.
-Dave: You are the one who killed Zephyr?
-Shade: I'm not. But I'm close to the one.
-Dave: Geralt... Why you don't surrender?
-Geralt: Simple. Cause Shade showed by her actions that she's not a bad girl. And even she showed that she's lovely...
-Dave: So finally our boss has fallen in love?
-Geralt: I said that? I only said that she's lovely.
-Dave: Yeah. That can be misunderstood.
-Geralt: And a lot. But Shade is our companion. I will protect her even if I have to do it alone.
-Dave: (Sighs) That's true. I'll have to help you, our stubborn boss. Let's prepare for the attack.
Adreilt was running to Geralt, afraid and sweating.
-Adreilt: Geralt! What did you do to make Deadlast decide to attack you?
-Geralt: Protect someone close to a man that Duraralt and Oboro are hunting.
-Adreilt: He is not going to fall back this time. He will help them!
-Geralt: Then we defeat anything that goes against us! Like a guild does!
Geralt leaves to go to warn all the members of the guild and Shade is looking at him worried. He reminded her of a hero of a tragedy and could not stop making her feel bad.

After Geralt warns everyone, Jerome and around 1000 players of his guild arrive to Vinliel. Geralt gets out to greet his brother.
-Geralt: Why are you here?
-Jerome: Protecting you, brother. I'll help you taking out those idiots that go after you.
-Geralt: Strange coming from a jerk like you. But thanks. It means a lot.
-Jerome: You have a different look in your eyes. Now, you resemble more like Duraralt in the first guild war than before. You found a reason to fight?
-Geralt: (looking at the castle) Yeah, you could say that. I found my reasons to fight.
-Jerome: (smiles) I hope that someday I can meet one of them.
-Geralt: Maybe if I'm lucky enough you can meet her. And the other is the guild.
-Jerome: You love Shade? First sight?
-Geralt: At first, I did not care. But later with all the crazy things that happened, I could see how she is. And after seeing that... Let's say that she became important for me.
-Jerome: I won't allow her to be captured then! If you love her, that means that I'll have to protect her.
Then Martha arrives with 5000 players which were in her guild, even the captains were there.
-Martha: Duraralt broke the seal. Now I'll handle this messed situation.
-Geralt: Thanks! I don't know how to pay for your help!
-Martha: (embarrased) DON'T THINK WRONG, YOU IDIOT! I DO NOT HELP YOU! I WILL PUNISH THAT BASTARD OF OBORO AND THAT IDIOT OF DURARALT!
-Geralt: Okay, I understand.
-Martha: Good! Tomorrow they will come but we will prepare the defenses already and come tomorrow! So don't block us out.
-Geralt: Like I could!
Martha and her army enters like Jerome and Black Order.

Meanwhile, in Oboro's HQ...
Lei Xin and Yoroi Clan had found the HQ but they found Oboro awaiting them alongside Deadlast and Duraralt and between those 3 and the maids, not even all the Yoroi Clan could defeat them and were killed. Oboro was looking at their armors and smiled.
-Oboro: Truly Japanese. Even they went kamikaze coming here!
-Deadlast: They had guts but not as that warrior I fought at Graliel.
-Duraralt: And they think that they can defeat us? Fools! I'll handle all of them on my own if needed!
-Oboro: Duraralt, I understand how you feel. No one should suffer as you but finding him will give you peace?
-Duraralt: This is not about me. It's about Zephyr. Nothing more, nothing less! She died, I failed her. I'm going to avenge her death bringing the one that created the item to kill her to the justice! I'll carry the weight of my sin and I'll redeem myself!
-Deadlast: I am the one who should say that! Not you!
-Duraralt: You are her cousin. I was her boyfriend. Sorry for not telling you.
-Deadlast: (smiles) I'm glad. Since first moment I met you and saw her protecting you, I started thinking that you two were way too close. And at least she could love someone. I should call you brother?
-Duraralt: It'd be a drag having you as a brother. You are way too bloody!
-Deadlast: (laughs) Indeed! And you are way too close to a pacifist thinking!
-Duraralt: I bet she's happy to see you smile again. You were always making her worry for you. Like me. We both are idiots.
-Deadlast: In that I agree.
-Oboro: Gentlemen, start getting ready!
Oboro, Deadlast and Duraralt start rechecking all the items they had.

The next day, Oboro and Duraralt saw all her army in Balatraf and recounted them, there were 4 maids being late, exactly the number of people that went after a certain thing that Oboro wanted, an explosive that was used to break vaults by a new group of thieves, but only one maid half dead returned. Oboro was between angry and surprised, who could kill a group of 4 elite maids that were a threat to every average player and make sure that they did not obtain the explosive?
-Oboro: What happened?
-Maid: A sniper that used what we called an useless skill of gunslinger to kill us without being spotted and making sure that our people felt despair.
-Oboro: Ricochet shot! He ricocheted his shots to kill you! I never expected such gunslinger in Dreamland! Ahhh... And he is truly aware of how to use the gunslinger skills.
-Duraralt: What is worst for any enemy of a gunslinger is their preemptive strikes. If they hit you first, all an army will be unable to react to the shot. You wrote that on a report you gave me! And also you talked that with ricochet the fight turned into a hide and seek!
-Oboro: Yep! And yet everyone call it useless because there isn't not even a decent sniper! You saw his IGN?
-Maid: Yes. Zarark.
-Oboro: Oh, him. I should have known! That was way too unlucky. Finding a partner of that boy... Well no problem rest and we will recover the lost maids in no time. And then after Shade!
Oboro and all the army waited for the maids and later the ship he had prepared started flying to Vinliel with Alexander and his mercs surrounding the ship with wyverns or inside the ship going to help the maids in making the ship fly fast.
All the army starts going to Vinliel and in 30 minutes they arrive but they find Lion's Heart inside the city with all the Diamond Wolfves guild ready to attack and outside it there was Black Order but that did not stop Oboro who waited the ship with the army ready to attack.
-Oboro: When you see my plaything... You will surrender Shade to me!
-Deadlast: But before that, play a bit with us!
-Jerome: I am not allowing you to touch her!
Then the ship arrived and everyone in Vinliel looked surprised at it.

The fight starts! Get ready for some intense action! Vote if you liked this chapter!