Chapter 67: Rory's power.

Rory was surprised at the display of power done by Kidd but she could only smile. This was one of the main reason of why she joined Lion's Heart. The challenges that were so hard that would make everyone run away.

She started off as a newbie, she did a lot of grinding and lots of quests given by npcs, she was the typical average player that looked for a good challenge. And she found a raid that Lion's Heart was doing with some mercs, and she joined. Good pay for the help, good reward and maybe good experience if all went well. And all went well until the raid boss had a sudden boost in every way and started causing lots of deaths and she had to run for her own life, but she fell to the ground.

Then in a mere second the raid boss was subdued and killed by Martha with her Time God Equip. Rory couldn't believe her own eyes. Martha was a friend in real life of Rose and she recognized quickly her friend. But what happened later was even more surprising. A lot of players tried to kill them both after the raid only to grab the loot that they both had. Martha and Rory fought like a team and defeated them all and after that Martha was sure that she had found her friend in Dreamland.
Flashback.
After the fight Martha sees Rory and recognizes her.
-Martha: Rose!?
-Rory: Rory is my name here. But glad to see you fine Martha.
-Martha: Seeing that you are really doing fine, I have an idea.
-Rory: Another crazy idea? Like the usual ones you have?
-Martha: Not at all. Join my guild! It is already a big guild!
-Rory: And which is it?
-Martha: Lion's Heart.
-Rory: You must be joking... It can't be...
-Martha: Alexia is there too.
-Rory: She's there too!?
-Martha: Yep!
-Rory: You two are hardcore gamers... But you are my friends and what bad can happen joining your guild?
Flashback end.

Now Rory had found a challenge really hard to do. Defeating two members of Angel's Paradise. Even for a captain of Lion's Heart this was a crazy task. Yet, Rory had to do it. If a Lion's Heart member defeated them their reputation would go even higher, to the point of being legends to be respected. So Rory charges forward and tries to close the distance between her and Kidd, but Timber isn't going to let her pass through so easily.
-Timber: VINE ROOT!
Timber creates a vine that goes after Rory and stops her feet. Or so he thought, because in a mere instant Rory frees herself and Kidd had to go very sure of when to shoot. He had 3 shots before becoming useless for a moment, so shooting without being sure if Rory could avoid it was a poor choice.
-Kidd: Timber, stop this chick right now! I cannot shoot so happily! Damn this island! No hiding areas! Duraralt made sure that no one could have real advantage in a big fight in our base.
-Timber: I know! But she is experienced too. She's weak but a pain in the butt!
-Rory: You really think so? ICE SHARDS!
Rory kicks the air and from her boots, a lot of little ice shards went to Timber eyes and left him blind. Rory goes to him ready to attack, but Kidd has another idea.
-Kidd: TWISTER SHOT!
Kidd shoots to Rory left leg and makes it twist so much that it dissapears. Rory falls to the ground without being able to move. Kidd goes near of Rory and aims his gun to her head.
-Kidd: Nice idea, girl. But alone you can't do nothing.
-Rory: You think so? I have my ideas running right away. (Smiles) Got you, Kidd. ICE LEG!
Rory creates a leg made of ice and stands up, Kidd can't escape from her right now and he is filled with cooldowns.
-Rory: REQUIEM OF THE RAINBOW.
Rory's blades start glowing, each with a color of a rainbow and starts slashing Kidd. And after using all the colors, the blades glow with an aura with all the colors of the rainbow and strikes Kidd. Kidd only had left a 9% of HP. But that was enough. He shot right in the head of Rory, killing her.

Kidd fell to the ground, sighed and smiled.
-Kidd: You did not have MP to do a time jump, ain't it? Foolish girl. Still, we are rusty.
-Timber: Not that. What happened was overconfident. As Yata says, if we brag about our skills we will be the first to die.
-Kidd: Still! We are the best!
Then something strange happened. Rory's corpse dissapeared and Kidd and Timber were both without head and died. Rory appeared behind the corpses. She did a smart trick with her power that used all of her MP. She stored her status before charging forward against Kidd. The trick was that Herifast passive was that if the user stored a moment using time magic, when the user died in a margin of 10 minutes it would do a timeskip to revive the user in the status that the user was when the time was stored but without MP. And that was all what Rory needed. She revived and cut the heads of both enemies in a moment. Still, she could only use Herifaust passive once in 2 days. So no second chances and she was without MP.
She had to hide but there was a simple trouble. No hiding places. Only she could hide in a tree and this fight was way too much for the trees.

Well, neither she had to worry a lot. Artorias was looking the fight and when he saw that Rory used time magic, prepared himself to throw a Javelin. And he threw it to Rory's head. She could not even feel the hit and did with a simple hit.
-Artorias: Yata was right. Brag about your power and you'll be the first to die. But time magic is so overpowered that it feels like cheating. Even reviving yourself.
Artorias saw a black fire ball of the size of the island and felt fear. He knew that art. It was a sage art of Diane.
-Artorias: Someone got burned to nothing. Or an army...
Artorias started going to the area.

Hi readers! I'm glad to be in high rankings again! Near #300. Thanks for the support!