Chapter 73: The Ogres

Adreilt treated Tina and started making a fire to cook something. It seemed that the rain wouldn't stop and if Tina got out in the middle of the rain, the bandages would break for sure. And if the bandages break, Open Wounds would activate again and Tina would suffer the bleeding damage and she would not survive to arrive to Vinliel. And in the entrance there were few monsters, so it was safe to be in the entrance of the cave. Going inside could be dangerous, there could be ogres, goblins, bats, bears, kobolds and a boss or miniboss in worst case. Adreilt knew that if they were surrounded now, they were going to die before reaching Vinliel.

But then something strange happened, a group of 20 ogres came out from the depths of the cave. It was a trouble because Adreilt and Tina could take care of 1 or 2. But without someone to protect them from the damage, taking care of a group of the most powerful monsters in caves thanks to their passive of power of the cave was way too much for Adreilt. At least they needed Geralt to protect them from the damage.
Power of the cave boosted the ogres physical damage to a 1000% in the most deep part of the cave, and that meant that they could take out a tank lv 8 with all the points in VIT in a hit. In the entrance the passive only boosted the damage a 10% but still, 20 ogres were not easy to deal at all. If you are surrounded by countless enemies, even the weakest monster could defeat a strong player.
The ogres were lv 20, but they were pretty strong in close range and had powerful physical defense but were weak against wind magic, long range attacks like perforating shoot, the spells that confused them like Netherworld Mirage, Curse of the Damned, mana shock and mind shock and the humanoid poison. Since there wasn't a wizard, Curse Master or an enchanter with Adreilt and Tina, Tina had to use Netherworld Mirage to confuse them and make them attack the other ogres, then Adreilt had to deal with the remaining Ogres.
-Adreilt: Tina, use Netherworld Mirage! Think of making the Ogres think that we are their allies and that their allies are enemies!
-Tina: I only have mp for that.
-Adreilt: I know, but if we can take care of most of them with that... I can handle some Ogres.
-Tina: Good luck in that! NETHERWORLD MIRAGE!

Tina made the mirage that Adreilt asked and the ogres started killing the other ogres and after 2 minutes of fight, only a badly wounded Ogre was the sole survivor of the 20 ogres. Countless bones and meat were in the ground, some iron ores for making C quality equipment and 1 teleporting crystal. Adreilt looked at it like it was a treasure. His escape way was in front of his eyes, he could send Tina to Vinliel, exactly inside the castle of Vinliel and then he could return going while it is raining, making him capable of using Davy Jones Sword skills without troubles.
Adreilt went close to the remaining Ogre and shot with his gun to the Ogre's face, killing it. Adreilt started picking up the items, because he could not grab so many things at once.
But then the man wearing a black leather with iron plate scales armor, a black hood and a one handed silver sword with many glyphs and covered in oil grabbed the teleport crystal.
-???: Your escape way is in my hands, Cerberus.
-Adreilt: Mako. What the hell are you doing here?
-Mako: So you remember me? Good! Then you should know that I had a quest of killing the ogres of this cave and you two.
-Adreilt: So Underworld goes after me?
-Mako: We get paid for quests. And if I can get paid for this, why not?
-Adreilt: I have Davy Jones Sword. You think that you can kill me?
-Mako: Troublesome but humanoid poison also works in humans. And I used it in my blade. Remember that the poisons are in liquid form.
-Adreilt: Good idea if you go after humans and humanoids, but rainy day. Not the best idea. And more with Davy Jones Sword.
-Mako: But you won't leave that sweet girl near of me, no? You know, I could do gross things...
Adreilt looked at Mako with his eyes filled with anger. He knew that Adreilt would not leave his target on the hands of a guy who could kill her by throwing water to the bandages.
-Mako: That girl is with Open Wounds passive, no? I could kill her.
-Adreilt: Well, mind first coming near to me, please?
-Mako: For what? For your known shot to the head with dispersing shot?
-Adreilt: (smiled) Had to try!
Adreilt attacked Mako with his gun and then used execution to deal damage to Mako but Mako blocked all the damage and stabbed Adreilt with the blade and Adreilt jumped back.
Adreilt fell to the ground by the damage that it caused to him that poison and the aftereffect of poisoning. Mako smiled and went near to Adreilt to finish him off.
Tina grabbed the sword of Adreilt and stabbed Mako with it.
-Tina: WATER EMPEROR EXPLOSION! THUNDERBOLT!
Mako felt his body going to explode at first for all the water going inside his body and then a strong electroshock, the damage of a lightning spell doubles when it is done in water. All the damage went to Mako and killed him.

Tina has saved Adreilt but it is still raining. Seems that all will go well but who knows!