Chapter 61: Artorias Pride

Duraralt and Artorias were fighting each other and each time that both clashed while fighting everyone could feel a pulse of power so strong that no one wanted to go to help them. Artorias was winning in the fight of power but only a little, Duraralt was keeping up with all of his power and he really was ready to fight against his companion.
Duraralt's POV
Artorias is a fearsome foe, someone I've never wanted to fight. If I had to say the trait that makes him so dangerous, it would be his will to protect and make happy Minnie. No matter what I could throw at him he would just get up and keep attacking. Also his pride can be dangerous because if he was stubborn on his own level already thanks to his will to protect Minnie and his love for her, when his pride does not let him lose he won't lose.
Fighting him is a drag bigger than having to take care of Oboro when he is drunk.
But I have to defeat him, if he defeats me now... He will destroy all the big guilds masters. No matter what I do to save them, my first step is defeating him.

Duraralt strikes strongly Artorias but he blocks all the hits and smiles.
-Artorias: I shall defeat you! FIRE BREATH!
Artorias let out fumes of fires from his mouth and they hit Duraralt face, causing minor damage but making him fall back quickly.
-Artorias: You are mine! JAVELIN!
Artorias throws his spear that starts shining with a bright red light and hit Duraralt and sent him far away, throwing him off the island, but leaving a straight line without grass, without trees, only earth in all that line. Such power was natural for someone like Artorias and he was only getting warmed up. But Duraralt threw it back to Artorias with a lot less of power and flew back to Graliel using his wings.
-Duraralt: Time to use something better, no? SYLPHIN BOOST! INCREASE AND DUPLICATE! THOUSAND BLADES! CUTTING DANCE!
Duraralt created an extreme amount of copies of Disaster in its sword form, so many that not even Yatagarasu that was twice as fast as Artorias could avoid them all. And they all went to hit Artorias while they were spinning very fast. They all hit Artorias but he got out of it unscratched because the passive of his armor was activated.

Artorias equipment was special, the armor had 160 of DEF and a 100% of HP boost, but also had a boost of speed of 40% and a special passive. The special passive was when more than 50% of HP was about to get lost, the armor nullified all the damage. It had a cooldown of 80 seconds. His spear had a boost of 50% of attack speed, 40% of attack damage, -30% of critical damage. The cape had 60 of DEF, -30% of resistance to physical damage and a area effect that burned everyone that got way too close.
All of that made the set of Artorias really dangerous and it was called the set of Birthright and Conquest thanks to its power that made the user strong already. But imagine it in a dragon like Artorias. It was way too dangerous that set in hands of Artorias.
Artorias smiled at Duraralt face that was showing that Duraralt was already starting to feel exhausted.
-Artorias: Can you keep up with something as good as that? Or you finally noticed that you shouldn't have broken Minnie's heart? Your hits hurt but I'm not a glass enemy.
-Duraralt: Well... I cannot hit as strong as you. But I can do something else. SPRIGGAN BOOST!
The spear of Duraralt turned into a black dagger and Duraralt charged to hit Artorias with it but the dagger was so small that the area of effect that the cape of Artorias had was burning Duraralt and Duraralt almost died but he was able to stab Artorias with it.

Artorias started losing the control of his body and it started to recieve damage because his body was being affected by his own cape and also because his body was breaking down on its own.
-Artorias: So your plan is to kill me like this!?
-Duraralt: In a fair fight I cannot win. So why not doing this? It's what Oboro calls changing the tide of a fight.
-Artorias: YOU ARE GOING TO PAY! (Roars)
Artorias eyes started glowing because another race passive was activated, it was the passive called Dragon's Soul, it healed any ailment that the user had and gave a boost in attack. But the Spriggan boost can't be defeated so easily, because it started causing hallucinations. One of them was Minnie saying that she didn't love him and didn't want him near of her and that hurted him a lot but then he heard something.
Artorias started hearing a song and he looked where it came from and it was Minnie from the time that she was lonely because Artorias was afraid of going near of her. It was one of Artorias favourite songs, a lullaby that talked of a hero.
-Minnie: With a soul of silver he shall save his beloved soul, he is our hero, a hero of legend. So sleep since he can feel our dreams and they give him power. Our hero shall fight for our freedom since he believes in it more than even us, he will create a legend. A legend of pride, kindness and birthright!
-Artorias: And I shall create an ocean of legends!
Out of Artorias mind, Duraralt was recovering from the fight but senses a great power coming from Artorias.
-Duraralt: Crap. He can withstand that!? I cannot do more... I'm filled with cooldowns. Unless freezing him. UNDINE BOOST!
With the remaining mana that Duraralt had, his spear turned into water and started dispersing but Artorias recovers from Spriggan boost.
-Artorias: I'll create a legend! A legend of love! HERO'S ART: SILVER RAY OF HOPE, BIRTHRIGHT AND LOVE!

In a mere second, everything around Artorias and Duraralt was filled with holes and Duraralt was almost dead bleeding out but smiling.
-Duraralt: Heh... Knew it... You are really a hero... (Coughs blood) Go with your beloved, save her from her sorrow. I lost, Silver Hero.
-Artorias: You knew that you wouldn't defeat me and yet you fought. That's something that I can respect. Dream with your beloved, Fairy King. Dream with the dream that you lost.
Duraralt closed his eyes and he really seemed to be in peace after being defeated. Artorias leaves the body in a tree that was in perfect shape and left.

Meanwhile, inside the World Council building, Blaft recieves a call from Yatagarasu done with a private gm contact command.
-Blaft: How's going in Demon Fort?
-Yatagarasu: You could say that great. It wasn't as expected. Now I know why Lion's Heart wanted Demon Fort at first.
-Blaft: Why?
-Yatagarasu: The Eye of the Storm. That item is perfect to defend a place and also was the secret recipe of the Stormguard.
-Blaft: An unique item.
-Yatagarasu: You know if Last Light has accepted a deal with True Gold?
-Blaft: They are there to grab it?
-Yatagarasu: Aye.
-Blaft: Tell Bouris this: Blaft, the King Descendant, is going to help. I won't let that the Eye of the Storm is used in wrong ways.
-Yatagarasu: Last Light cannot withstand your second art.
-Blaft: Yeah. That's why I plan to go! I'll use Ex-Caliber.
-Yatagarasu: The art that collects all the light of the souls of your companions and puts it all in your blade. Only you can swing once and hit with all that power two or three miles of distance and destroy everything in its path.
-Blaft: Also, a newbie is involved in that war. As a member of Angel's Paradise I won't let that happen!
-Yatagarasu: Against me they cannot have a chance but if you come... That'll make the one pulling the strings to get away of them or to appear to attack you.
-Blaft: I cannot care less for that. Nex has helped us way too much already. If I can repay him all that help, I'll gladly go to hell itself!
-Yatagarasu: I heard of Mellorine's end. I'm sorry...
-Blaft: Don't worry. I'll find my own redemption. Also Bouris has been a kind guy with many of my friends. I would be a bastard if I did not come to help him!
-Yatagarasu: Come as quickly as you can then.
Yatagarasu ends the call.
-Blaft: Alvyn, can you teleport me to Demon Fort?
-Alvyn: Of course! Also we owe Bouris a hand. We should have avoided that war.
-Blaft: Yeah.
Alvyn grabs the hand of Blaft and teleports him to Demon Fort.

Hi dear readers! I did a new chapter! I hope that you like this chapter! It says a lot of things. By the way check WorsOfTheFallen story, called Dreamland MMORPG:Demon! It has a lot of potential and it's a great book!