Chapter 2: Who's There?

Hey People who read this!

I am sooo happy that I finally posted chapter 2. Well.. kinda ish.... well.... ermm... I thought i took forever to write this, and i was hoping that it would be really long, but it only turned out to be a page. Really ruined the mood for me... welll... what is done is done.... yesh... i will be posting chapter 3 eventually! Leave comments below! :D

Bye ya'll!

<3 Jenn 

Chapter 2: Who’s there?

Emmarose’s P.O.V.

3:07 A.M.

I was watching a terrible horror movie with my friends when we ran out of popcorn. I volunteered to leave the movie and buy more popcorn. As I was waiting for the popcorn machine to finish making my bucket of popcorn, I heard a crash, almost as if it was the breaking of glass.

I must’ve been dreaming because I had awoken to Father yelling. I assume that the sound of glass shattering wasn’t just in my dreams. Thinking that it was just my brother who was mad and smashed a window again,I rolled out of bed still half asleep. I groggily put on my slippers and turned the doorknob to leave my room. I was just planning to check on my brother to see if everything was okay until I heard a loud bang come from the hallway; that’s when it came to my senses.

“Oh my goodness! Dad!” I ran down the hall as fast as I could to come to the side of Dad who was lying motionless on the ground on top of a pile of blood. I quickly scanned his body to find two gunshot wounds in his chest, and worriedly searched for a pulse. I sat there for a good two or three minutes hoping that I would find a pulse, but he was gone. Tears began streaming out of my eyes now that I knew that Dad was dead. All that had just occurred overwhelmed me, and I didn’t think that Dad was just killed. At first, I thought it was just a dream, but I pinched myself several times, only to flinch from the pain- I was clearly awake. I was too unresponsive to my surroundings and how to react. Okay... Emma, breathe.... inhale. exhale. inhale. exhale. Where did this all start? Crash and the sound of shattering glass. Woke up. Heard Dad scream. Got out of bed. Ran down the hall. Dad found dead with two gunshot wounds. THIS ALL PIECED TOGETHER! SOMEONE BROKE INTO THE HOUSE AND KILLED FATHER! I must go warn-BANG! PLEASE, NO!

“Abigail!” I ran to my younger sister’s room from where I heard the gunshot. When I bursted into her room, Abi was gasping for air. I inspected her body to find a gunshot in her abdominal area. Blood was soaking her pajamas.

“Hang on, Abi! Everything will be okay!” I tried to stay strong for her even though I knew that things were not going to be okay. First, Dad dies after being shot, and now Abi is another victim. I looked intently into her eyes as she took her last breaths.

“I am going to be with Mum now...” Abi gasped out with the last of her strength as a tear fell from her eye.

“NO! ABI DON’T LEAVE ME! DON’T...” It was too late. She was gone just like Dad.

I just sat on her bed holding her too overwhelmed to think about anything or what to do. Tears were flooding from my eyes as I held Abigail’s lifeless body. All I could do was reminiscence of all the times Abi and I shared as sisters. Even though we didn’t always get along, we shared the most genuine and valuable relationship. I remembered all the times when we would record goofy videos of each other dancing to One Direction songs.  I was unaware that the criminal was probably still lurking in our house searching for the next victim until I heard a loud clash like something had fallen. I snapped out of my reverie, and my eyes immediately darted for the phone. I slowly crept to Abi’s cellphone, which was laying on her desk across the room. As I dialed the police department, tears continued to flow out of my eyes.

“What is your emergency?” the dispatcher asked into the phone.

“Someone.... broke... house.... Dad..... killed.... Abigail..... killed... Help!” I sobbed into the phone barely able to speak.

“Please, calm down and tell me your situation,” the dispatcher said into the phone as I sobbed.

“Someone broke into my house and killed my father and sister. Please, come help!” I finally managed to say after about thirty seconds of sobbing into the phone.

“Okay, dear, what is your name and address?” The dispatcher said sympathetically into the phone.

“My name is Emmarose. I am fifteen years old-” Bang! Oh no! Please, don’t be Lucas!

“Come! Help! Please! I just heard another gunshot!” I cried into the phone. I dashed out of Abi’s room and into the living room where I heard the loud “bang” with the phone still against my ear.

“Lucas! No!” I came to his aid noticing a gunshot in his head, and I knew that he was gone. Lucas had a baseball bat in his hand, and I am assuming that he heard the gunshots and crash as well, whereas Abigail was a very heavy and deep sleeper.

“Hello? I am sending help. Hang in there!” the dispatcher said as I wept on Lucas’s side.

Before I could reply, I heard footsteps approaching me. I didn’t know what to do since I was in such great shock and despair. With my last few seconds of life, I recalled everything that happened in my life. All my birthday parties. All my friends. All my good times.  Before I could turn around to face my killer, I heard sirens coming from around the corner. Please come soon! Hurry before I face my death! Before I knew it, my mouth was being covered with a handkerchief to prevent me from screaming for help. I started thrashing around, but it was no use; this criminal sure was strong! I turned around to get a glimpse of a slender figure disguised with a black mask. I couldn’t really distinguish the colors of the rest of the criminal’s clothing since it was so dark.  I was being dragged away as I was thrashing around trying to scream for help. Whoever this crazy loon was, he/ she sure was strong! Just before this psycho maniac was about to drag me out the back door of my house, I grabbed onto the edge of the door frame and tried to drag myself back into my house and scream for help. Hopefully, I could stall to give the police some time to reach me before I was dragged away. My nails began clawing at the walls, scratching the paint and damaging the walls. My strength was no match to this lunatic. The crazy maniac practically yanked my body from my arms. Before I could react, I felt a sharp pain pierce into my arm, and my body began to feel limp. The lunatic anxiously dragged me away, and one of my slippers got caught on a weed in my backyard. I heard the front door bursting open, and a car door slam. I felt extremely exhausted and faint and slowly drifted off. Sleep overcame me, and I became completely unaware of my surroundings and what just happened.