Chapter 16: Half Kisses and Blood-Curdling Screams

ENJOY! CARLA HAS RETURNED!!! :)

VOMMENT!! :)

~~~

Chapter 16: Half Kisses and Blood-Curdling Screams

Harry’s P.O.V.

Arriving back at the house after getting a lift from the officers, I could tell Emma was on edge. Her eyes remained trained on the window in the car, and her hands were clenched the entire time. I tried to grab her hand to reassure her, but she did not respond to my gesture. When we got back to home, she merely got out of the car, politely thanked the officers, and made her way to the front door without a word to me. I made me worried.

She stood at the front door patiently waiting for me to unlock it for her to enter, but I didn’t. I came by her side and stared at her until she looked at me with confusion on her face.

“Are you going to open the door or not?” She quizzed, expecting me to get the hint.

“No, I’m not.” I said with a smug smile, “because I am taking you out somewhere else.”

“Why?”

“Because you need to lighten up.” I stated before grabbing her arm and leading her to my car.

We drove in silence, but I could tell she was easing up since her face wasn’t as taught and pale. I turned on the radio to fill the silence that brought an uncomfortable feeling, and she tapped her finger to the beat. Emma was okay, making my worries subside.

Breaking the silence between us, she spoke up. “Where are we going?”

“I have a place in mind, but if you have somewhere else you want to go, then we can go there.” I politely said, letting her decide where we wanted to go.

“No, I’m just wondering. Lead the way.” She offered me a small smile, and I couldn’t help but smile back.

Emmarose had the most brilliant smile that never ceased to brighten my day. When she smiled, her eyes lit up with joy and sparkled under the sun’s radiant rays. Her laughter was always like music to my ears. Everything about her was beauty in its purest form. When I looked at her, she snared me in a trance that I could not seem to escape.

Caught in a daze, I turned a corner, and we arrived at a dainty ice cream shop. As a child, ice cream was the one thing that could always brighten my day, no matter how awful it was. Looking over at Emma, her eyes widened, and a smile graced her perfect face. At the angle, the sun beamed on the side of her face, giving her an angelic glow.

I parked the car, and we both emerged. From the looks of it, Emma was eager to get a delicious treat, for she was still smiling from ear to ear.

“Let’s go.” She giddily said and grabbed my hand, dragging me into the shop.

Entering the shop, a sweet scent hit my nose, making me smile in pleasure. It made me feel like a kid again.

Walking up to the cashier, I looked to Emmarose and asked, “What would you like?”

She walked through the shop and pressed her face against the glass, scanning the rows of different flavors to choose from. After a long debate and many indecisive moments, she finally settled.

“Okay, I’m ready.” She chirped, skipping over to me and the impatient cashier.

I looked at the cashier who was probably in her twenties with long, straight brown hair and vibrant blue eyes. Her face held a scowl as she looked at Emmarose expectantly, but when her eyes landed on me, her scowl immediately lifted up into a flirty smile. How shallow, I thought.