Chapter 17: Not a Fairytale

Hey guys! Sorry for taking forever to update! Here is chapter 17... I am just trying to finish the story... sorry if it sucks... BEAR WITH ME, GUYS!!!

dedicated to _HakunaMatata_ for being so gracious as to allowing me to keep up my story even though we have similar plot lines ;)

Vote and comment! :)

~~~

Chapter 17: Not a Fairytale

Harry Styles’ P.O.V.

“Don’t you dare touch her!” I screamed at Carla with fury pulsing through my veins.

“Oh, look who has come,” she evilly snarled with that crooked grin of hers. “Lover boy can’t always save you.” She teased before tightening her grip around Emmarose’s neck.

Emma cried aloud as tears streamed down her face in horror. Her eyes filled with worry whilst she mouthed “no” to me. I knew she didn’t want me to be there and to take the next opportunity to flee, but I was not going to abandon her.

Clenching my phone in my hand, I darted for Carla whose hand immediately flew to her pocket. Withdrawing a gun, she aimed it at me. “Take one step, and you’re dead.” She threatened, her eyes turning to slits before she cackled with satisfaction as I came to a halt.

I heard a soft, muffled noise come from my phone, and I brought it up to my ear.

“Harry, are you okay?” Niall asked in a panicked voice. The unfolding events distracted me from the brief phone call I made with Niall. “Zayn called the police already. They’re on their way.”

“Thanks, mate.” I say breathlessly, feeling more at ease now that Carla was finally going to be caught.

Keeping the phone in my hand, but refusing to hang up, I looked Carla straight in the eye and smiled victoriously. “Well, Carla, I guess this is goodbye.”

She held my gaze, puzzled by my cryptic words before the resounding blare of approaching sirens filled our ears. Her malicious eyes filled with horror before she deviously grinned at me. Placing her finger on the trigger, she aimed the gun at me.

Evilly grinning from ear to ear, she cackled before saying, “This is definitely a goodbye- for you.”

Pulling the trigger, I braced myself for death, knowing I would have died a happy man, but the pain never came until I opened my eyes. There, on the ground, I saw Emmarose lying motionless on the ground. It was more emotionally scarring and painful than any physical pain that Carla could have inflicted on me.

Rushing to her side, I turned Emmarose over to see her pale, ashen face. Her eyes looked distant and hopeless. I gripped her hand tightly in mine, kissing the top of it. A tear slowly slid out of the corner of her eye, but I gently wiped it away with the pad of my thumb.

“Harry,” Emma gasped out, using all her strength to look me straight in the eyes, “go.”

“No,” I dejectedly said in a hushed tone as I brushed the hair out of her eyes. The color was quickly draining from her beautiful face, but her beautiful hazel eyes refused to lose it’s splendor. “I won’t leave you.”

She laughed bitterly before bringing her weak arm up to stroke my face. “I told you we could never be more than this.”

I held her hand close to my cheek, clinging onto it like it meant holding onto her soul. Another tear slipped out of the corner of her eye, but this time I let it fall. Her eyes began to droop as Emma slowly began to lose consciousness.

“Emma, Emma,” I panickedly said as I shook her shoulders, “you have to stay with me. You’re going to be fine. Listen to me. You will be okay.”

But she wasn’t going to be okay. I knew it. This time I lost her for good.

“Looks like you can’t help her anymore, Lover Boy,” Carla cackled, but I refused to look up at her malicious eyes for the fear of doing something to her that I would later regret. Keeping my eyes trained on Emmarose’s ashen face, I gently placed a feathery kiss atop her nose. Tears poured out of my eyes like a dam had been broken.

“You are a sick woman.” I hissed under my breath at Carla. As I turned my head to look at her, another gunshot resounded, and an intense, sharp pain hit my right shoulder as I fell to the ground in agony. I felt myself losing consciousness under the unbearable pain.

In my last moments of reality, I saw Carla’s feet slowly approach me before she crouched down beside my ear.

“I guess this is goodbye,” she whispered before the sound of the front door being smashed opened startled her from her place beside my ear.

Heavy footsteps invaded the house as I heard an officer say, “Put your hands up!”

Carla panickedly shuffled before she aimed a gun at the officer and the backup crew behind him.

As her finger was about to pull the trigger, the sound of a gunshot ricocheted through the house before Carla’s lifeless body fell to the ground with a loud thud.

Everything went black.