Why me?

Requested by JassyJass15
Mpreg ahead😁

"Magnus, I'm sure it's nothing." Alec said as Magnus talked about the baby not kicking again. The truth was Alec was worried but he couldn't let Magnus know. Caterina was coming over the next day to give Magnus another scan. They were close to the date of the arrival but Magnus hadn't been feeling any kicks for the last day and a half.
Magnus nodded and rested against Alec again. He focused back on the tv as Alec rubbed his stomach. Magnus liked when Alec did that, it made him feel calm. "You know what I really want right now?"
"Pickles?" Alec said already knowing the answer.
"Yea." Magnus said lamely. Alec got up, "I'll be back in a minute." Alec was constantly out buying more pickles for Magnus. He grabbed the jar from the fridge and walked back into the living room. He gave Magnus the pickles and went back to the position he was in before, behind Magnus with his legs on either side of him. He rubbed Magnus' stomach again and kissed the back of his head. Magnus leaned into Alec and fell asleep. Alec continued to rub circles into Magnus' stomach mostly so he could feel if the baby kicked. It didn't.

The next day:
Alec woke up before Magnus and tidied the house before making breakfast. Alec took breakfast into Magnus.

Caterina came one hour later, "Hello?" She called when she portaled in. She was going to use her magic to scan Magnus. He couldn't do it himself because ever since he got pregnant his magic was quite unpredictable. Magnus walked out of the bedroom with Alec behind him. "Hello, Caterina." Alec said.
"So how's the baby?" Caterina said with a smile.
"Uh he uh hasn't kicked for two days now." Magnus said worriedly.
"I see, well lie down and we'll have a look," Magnus lay down on the sofa, "I'm sure it's nothing Magnus." Caterina said kneeling in front of Magnus. Alec knelt down as well beside his head. Caterina snapped her fingers and blue magic flowed out of her hands. Magnus pulled his pyjama top up and Caterina put her hands over his stomach. Everything was going so well, Magnus and Alec always laughed at how big Magnus was and the funny way he was walking. He didn't want something to go wrong now. Usually after a few seconds you could hear the baby's heartbeat. They couldn't hear anything. Magnus looked at Caterina. "It looks like the baby is playing hide and seek, okay lie on your side." Magnus' heart was hammering against his chest. Alec took his hand between two of his own. Again, no heartbeat. "Okay Magnus and Alec close your eyes, I'm just going to try something and the magic is very bright." Magnus and Alec closed their eyes. But they didn't know that all Caterina did was use the same blue magic but this time she did a sort of x-ray. She didn't want them to see if something was wrong. She saw the baby... he was dead. How was she going to tell them. She stopped the flow of magic coming out of her hands, "Okay open your eyes," She sighed, "I'm so sorry, I really am but your baby didn't make it." Magnus felt tears sting his eyes and flow down his cheeks blurring out the world. He couldn't hear anything. Alec tried to stay strong and felt only a few tears roll down the cheek. Magnus barely heard Caterina say she would leave them alone. He felt Alec's strong arms wrap around him. Magnus was shaking now. He pulled Alec onto the sofa with him. He sat on Alec's lap and grabbed onto his top, probably stretching it, but he didn't think Alec cared at the moment. Magnus hid his face in Alec's shoulder and cried, then cried some more. Alec rocked him back and forth, rubbing his back. He kissed Magnus' temple and wiped away his own tears. It was a useless move they just kept coming. He held Magnus tighter as if he could just block him from the world that was really testing them right now. A couple of minutes later Magnus stopped shaking and slumped against Alec. "I'm so sorry Alexander." He whispered.
Alec wasn't going to let him think this was his fault, "Magnus, look at me." Magnus looked up from Alec shoulder, "Magnus, this is not your fault okay? You haven't done anything wrong." Magnus nodded, a steady stream of tears still falling down his face. Alec sat back against the sofa and pulled Magnus closer, if that was even possible, "I love you Alexander."
"I love you too, I promise we'll make it through this."

There you go. I hope you like it and for all the people who have requested a story I promise I will get to it, I have them all down in my notes😉
❤️