Strength

Izzy and Jace went out for a hunt about three hours ago. Alec and Clary stayed behind training. They finished training and Alec went to his room to take a shower. He came out, got dressed again and picked up a call from Magnus. Alec smiled thinking he was about to be invited over to his apartment.
"Hello?" Alec said.
"Alec, its Jace come to Magnus' as quick as you can, Izzy's hurt." Alec hung up and ran to Magnus' in record time.
Izzy was lying on the sofa, with a long cut down her stomach. Magnus was kneeling next to her and the floor blue magic pouring from his hands. Alec couldn't help but remember the last time he saw this. It was Luke that was injured and it was before the dark war. Magnus was beginning to shake and he was as pale as Izzy. Alec could tell it was too much for him but he wasn't going to stop, not if Izzy's life was depending on him. Alec ran over and caught Magnus just before he fell. He felt Magnus' weight against him. Magnus was breathing heavily but had a determined look on his face. "Magnus do you need my strength?" Magnus nodded once and slowly lifted one had away from above Izzy. Alec took his hand and put his other hand around his body to support him. He felt Magnus fall against him even more but his magic was coming out faster now. Alec was familiar with this feeling now. The feeling of having fire flow inside you then the feeling of being drained very slowly. Izzy' wound seemed to be getting smaller and smaller but Alec guessed she had lost a lot of blood. Jace came through the door holding ingredients for the same potion they used on Luke. Magnus was getting more tired and even with Alec's strength probably wouldn't be able to go on for much longer. Magnus was using his magic twice as long as he was using it on Luke. Sweat was dripping from Magnus' forehead when Jace poured the potion down Izzy's throat. She gasped and her eyes flew open. Jace drew blood replacement runes around the red scar on her stomach. Magnus' head fell against Alec's shoulder and his eyes closed. He was still breathing heavily, more heavily than Alec would have liked. Magnus was about to pass out. Alec lifted Magnus and lay him down on the opposite sofa. "Magnus? Hey, look at me." Magnus opened his eyes slowly and looked up at Alec. "Keep looking at me, try not to close your eyes for too long." Alec tried to stop Magnus from passing out. "It's easy enough to keep looking at you, Alexander." Magnus said in a raspy voice. Alec smiled and took Magnus' hand in both of his. "Thank you Mags, for what you just did." Magnus smiled. His breathing began to even out and some colour was beginning to come back to his face. Alec looked around at Izzy who was talking to Jace. She seemed okay. Alec turned back to Magnus who looked extremely tired. He yawned and Alec saw some faint blue sparks come out of his fingers. "I'm so tired."
"I'll take you to bed, hold on." Alec lifted Magnus from the sofa and carried him to their room. Alec helped Magnus out of his clothes and pulled the covers over him. Alec moved the hair away from Magnus' eyes. Alec sat down on the bed but Magnus could tell he wanted to go see Izzy. "Go see her Alexander."
"No I don't want to leave you."
"I'll be fine don't worry about me, go see her." Alec sighed and gave Magnus a quick kiss and went to see Izzy. She was fine but she had a bit of a nasty scar across her stomach. It was one that would fade over time but for now it looked bad enough. "Alec, I didn't get to thank Magnus."
"I'll thank him for you, right now you need sleep."
"I can't sleep anywhere but my own bed." Fussy Izzy as always.
Jace and Alec managed to get the tired Izzy back to bed. By the time Alec got back to his and Magnus' apartment it was pretty late. Alec tried to make as little noise as possible so he wouldn't wake Magnus up. He failed. He got to their room and Magnus was already awake. Stupid heavy boots. "Sorry for waking you." Magnus smiled, the smile that Alec loved. Alec undressed and climbed into bed beside Magnus. Alec wrapped his arms around him and kissed his shoulder. "Izzy said thank you." Magnus nodded and snuggled into Alec. "Thank you for letting me use your strength."
"You can have my strength any time, I love you."
"I love you too." Magnus fell asleep quickly and didn't wake until midday, still tired, but Alec made sure to stay with him wherever he went.