Cheating?!

Requested by: JassyJass15

Magnus barely saw Alec in the weeks leading up to their anniversary. He always said he was busy at the institute. Which for a while Magnus believed. Being the head of the institute can't be easy. But Magnus went to visit him one day and he wasn't there. He asked Jace and Izzy if they had seen him, they told him they hadn't seen him for a while. He would come in for about two hours in the morning then leave again. Magnus couldn't help but think that Alec might be cheating on him. Magnus thought 'It can't be easy dating someone like me maybe he doesn't want to anymore.'
************************************
A week before their anniversary Magnus went to the institute again and again Alec wasn't there. Jace and Izzy told him that Alec was leaving more and more now. Some days he didn't even show up. Magnus kept it together until he got back to the apartment, then he broke down. Alec was cheating on him. He thought Alec loved him 'But nobody can love someone like me' Magnus thought. Magnus curled up on the couch and cried.
Alec walked through the door only to find Magnus crying on the couch. He began to walk over but Magnus stopped him, "No, don't touch me, leave."
"Magnus what's wrong?"
"Don't act like you don't know!"
"Magnus, I don't understand."
Alec tried to walk to Magnus but was blocked by an invisible wall.
"You're cheating on me!"
"What! Magnus I'm not, why would you even think that?"
"You always say your busy at the institute but I went there and Izzy and Jace say your barely ever there!"
Alec's face dropped, is that what Magnus thought he was doing?
"So you are cheating on me." Magnus whispered softly, looking down.
"What no Magnus I'm not I was-," Alec sighed, he wanted this to be a surprise, "I was working on a surprise for our anniversary, I finished it today."
"You were what?" Magnus looked up.
"You weren't supposed to find out, I'm sorry Magnus." Magnus waved his hand and took down the wall.
"Alexander I'm sorry, I shouldn't have thought you would do that, you can be mad at me." Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus' waist and kissed his forehead. "I'm not mad Magnus."
"Are you sure?" Magnus looked up at Alec, "Positive." Alec wiped away Magnus' tears and caressed his cheek.
Magnus leaned up and kissed Alec softly. When they pulled away Magnus spoke up, "Sooooo a surprise, huh?"
"Yes and it's still have a surprise so you don't get to know."
*************************************
One week later:
Alec drove Magnus to a forest on the night of their anniversary. "Is this going to be like the movies where you take me to the forest and kill me?"
"We'll see." Alec evil laughed. He lead Magnus to a clearing in the forest where he had set up a tent, a telescope and a place to build a fire. Magnus smiled and walked up to the tent. There was a package inside. Magnus looked at Alec who nodded, "You can open it."
Magnus opened the package and pulled out a certificate. He read:
The star
HIP-no. 72607
Right ascension  14hrs 50m 42s
Declination  74th 09m 19s
Relative magnitude 2.07
Has been dedicated to bear the name
Magnus
A star sparkles in the sky for you as a reminder of our love.

Magnus looked up from the certificate smiling ear to ear with a small tear in his eye. "I thought you would like it because stars are shiny and, you know, you like shiny things?" Alec looked nervous. Magnus threw his arms around Alec's neck and kissed him. "Thank you so much!" Alec let out a relieved sigh. Magnus kissed his temple and wrapped his arms around him tighter. That night they roasted marshmallows and fell asleep holding each other under the stars.

There it is. I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry it took so long for me to publish it😐
❤️