Ice skating

Magnus had a surprise for Alec. He was taking him ice skating. When they woke up in the morning Magnus just handed Alec a pair of skating boots. He looked surprised and confused. Magnus' face dropped, "You've never been ice skating before, have you?"
"Oh, that's what these are for, no I've never been." Magnus blinked, "What?"
"I've never really had time to go, all we did was train and kill demons." Magnus dragged Alec out of bed, "Well then you're going for the first time today."
"Okay." Alec sounded nervous.
"You've got nothing to worry about, you're a shadowhunter you'll get the hang of it in no time." Magnus gave Alec a peck on the cheek and began to make breakfast.

When they finished breakfast and got ready Magnus wrapped a blue scarf around Alec's neck, "Perfect." Alec smiled and rolled his eyes as Magnus dragged him out the door.

When they got to the rink there was only a couple of people there because it was now quite late. They wanted to go to the park first and spent a longer time than they expected there. Magnus and Alec sat down to pull their boots on.
"Magnus I don't know about this." Said Alec standing up.
"You'll be fine, I promise." Magnus took Alec's hand and walked into the rink. He pulled Alec in gently after him. He slipped almost instantly but Magnus grabbed his waist. He regained his balance and stood straight. "Alright so you just put one foot in front of the other and push. Alec held onto Magnus and carefully pushed of. He glided along the ice shakily at first but he began to get the hang of it. "Okay I'm going to let go of you now," Magnus laughed to himself at the determination on Alec's face. He let go and Alec moved slowly at first but began to get faster until he could keep up with Magnus. He thought he was doing okay until he had to turn a corner. He began to edge a little to the left but slipped. He fell to the ground and went the colour of a tomato. Magnus laughed and helped Alec up. Alec blushed harder. "It's okay Alexander everyone falls." Magnus gave Alec a quick kiss then took his hand. They moved along the ice together. Alec began to get cold and started shivering. "Are you cold?" Magnus asked. Alec nodded. "Give me your other hand." Alec gave him his other hand and he felt his magic flow through him making him warmer. "Thanks Mags."
"I thinks it's time we went and got a coffee and went home." Alec smiled and nodded.

Magnus got them two takeaway coffees and handed one to Alec. They walked back to their apartment hand in hand. When they got through the door Alec collapsed onto the sofa. Magnus laughed and fell on top of him. Alec smiled and Magnus grabbed his scarf and pulled him into a kiss. Magnus sat up and pulled his coat off. Alec took his off and turned the television on. Magnus snapped his fingers and a fire began blazing in the fireplace. "What are we watching?"
"How about the Notebook." Alec groaned. "Please Alexander, please!"
"Fine." Magnus smiled and kissed him.
"Thank you." The Notebook began and Magnus lay down again. Alec wrapped his arms around him.

Alec fell asleep half way through the movie.  When it was over Magnus was crying (again) and hugged Alec tightly so he woke up. "Aww Mags" Alec wrapped his arms around his crying boyfriend and silently laughed. "I love you, Alexander." Magnus cried. "I love you too, Magnus." He began crying more and Alec turned the TV off. "Come on, we'll go to bed." Magnus nodded but buried his head in the crook of Alec's neck. Alec decided he should lift Magnus instead. He carried him to bed and pulled his own shirt over his head and his jeans off. Magnus pulled his own clothes off and pulled the covers over himself still sniffing. Alec got in beside him and immediately felt arms around him. Alec smiled and kissed Magnus' forehead. They both fell asleep quickly.