Surprise!

Requested by:Jassyjass14

Alec's POV

Magnus was sitting on the sofa watching project runway when I asked. He seemed surprised that I asked if he wanted to go out for a meal. I would be too if he never asked me out and then suddenly out of nowhere did. I had a surprise for him. It was really special. It made me nervous now even though we're not going out until next week. I sat down beside him again and he leaned against me when I put my arm around him. He yawned and rested his head in my shoulder. "Tired?"
"Yeah, my clients today were... difficult." I knew Magnus wasn't going to turn the television off while project runway was on so I turned it off quickly before he could react and lifted him to bed.

One week later
Magnus' POV

I got ready for our date at Caterina's. Alec said he would send a ride for me at 8:30pm. I only put on a tiny bit of makeup for tonight. My suit was a velvet sapphire blue. I tried to tone it down a bit for tonight. I imagined what Alexander would look like in his suit. Beautiful, handsome, sexy. I was not let down.
At 8:30 I heard a beep outside and looked at myself in the mirror one more time. Caterina opened the door and I gasped. A black limo was waiting for me. I walked towards it and the chauffeur opened the door for me. Alexander was inside waiting for me as I climbed in. He looked even more beautiful, handsome and sexy than I even thought was possible. He was wearing an oxford blue suit with a loosely tight (sorry for loosely tight I don't really know what to call it) black shirt underneath. I found myself staring at him and after a long while realised he was staring too. Was he staring at me? Shouldn't he be staring at himself? No that would be stupid.
"Magnus...y-you look...amazing." He breathed. I grabbed him by the lapels and pulled him into a kiss, "I know I look amazing," I joked, "but not as amazing as you, trust me." He blushed adorably.
The limo drove us to the Le Bernardin restaurant in New York. Was he taking me to Le Bernardin, that's an expensive choice. The chauffeur opened the door and I climbed out and Alexander came after. He took my hand, thanked the chauffeur and lead me to the door of the restaurant. He walked up to the desk, "Hello, reservation for Lightwood." She looked in her book, "Of course sir, follow me." She smiled and lead us into a room separate to the one everyone else was in. This room has one table set for two. We took our seats and the lady gave us menus and walked away.
"Alexander, what did you do?"
"I wanted to do something for you since you work so hard and always do things for me." I felt so much love for this man right now and I was almost on the verge of tears. I smiled at Alexander and looked at the menu before I did cry. The women came back and we ordered drinks and food.

Alec's POV

We finished the food and the waiters took the plates away. My hearts beating so fast and loud I'm afraid Magnus will hear it from across the table. He looks beyond perfect. How can anyone be this hot, I don't know. I fiddle with the box under the table waiting for the waiter to close the door. When the door is closed I take a deep breath, "Magnus." He looks at me, "Magnus you mean everything and more to me. I love you so much I can't even put it into words." He didn't say anything just looked at me with wide eyes when I stood up and get down on one knee in front of him, "Magnus Bane, will you marry me?" There was a silence...

Magnus' POV

He actually said it and I waited expecting to wake up. I waited almost to long and his face began to fall. "Yes." I half whispered, "Yes I'll marry you Alexander." He looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes and smiled. I couldn't take it anymore and as soon as he stood up I jumped and wrapped my arms and legs around him laughing. This time I really did cry and he kissed me and wiped them away. He placed a perfectly fitting silver ring on my finger. It had diamonds around the edges and sparkled. He placed a careful, slightly shaking hand on my cheek, "I love you Alexander."
"I love you too Magnus." We kissed again, this time longer. We pulled apart and he took my hand, "We should head home now."
"Yeah." He was still grinning ear to ear as we walked out of the restaurant hand in hand. Our limo was waiting for us when we walked out and we climbed in. Wrapped his arms around me and I kissed him almost the whole way home.
The rest is our little secret😉