A - 10

Sans and Papyrus got home, and Sans plopped on the couch, while Papyrus still stood, shoulders slouched.

"What's wrong, bro?"

"Sans... have you felt felt... bad about a person?"

"How so?"

"This human seems... different... from the others."

"Hmm."

"I'm worried, Sans. Worried that the human needs our help."

"Hmm... strange."

There was a moment of silence.

"Sans, you must feel the same way. Where you feel like someone you really love is in trouble and you want to help them, but you don't know how. Have you not felt this?"

Because Sans isn't depressed as he was, he decided to tell Papyrus.

"Papyrus..."

"Yes, Sans?"

"I feel that way all the time."

"R-really?"

"Yes. I get these... these visions of the future. Visions of the past. It's like... I can predict the future..."

"Sans... I'm glad you told me this."

"Really? I thought you'd flip your lid."

"Sans..." Papyrus started to tear up. "I would never flip my lid over you. You're my brother!" He hugged Sans.

"Heh..." Sans patted Papyrus' back.

"Thank you."

And then the night was over.

The next morning, Sans woke up. Today was the day they would leave to Waterfall. That's strange... Sans wasn't woken up by Papyrus.

Sans checked the time.

One minute later than usual... Papyrus always woke Sans up at exactly 7:00 sharp. He got out of bed and looked downstairs. A new note was left by his sock.

'Dear brother,

Hey Sans! I know you said to stay away from the human. That they're really strong and they just want to kill everybody, and that I shouldn't even think to stop them.

But I was thinking. If strength isn't the answer, then maybe kindness is. Maybe they're just confused, or scared, and just need a good friend to show them the way.

And you've always said that I'm the greatest friend anyone could ever have!! So who could be better at it than me?

After all, beating someone super strong by being super nice, wouldn't that be a truly great puzzle? One that'd be really worthy of the great Papyrus!!

-Papyrus

P.S. pick up your sock!!'

"No... no... no. No, no, no, no no nononononononoNONONONO NO!!!!!!" Sans screamed as he leaped out the door, towards the end of Snowdin. He was going to stop the human, but first he had a plan.