A - 2

Asriel was sitting at a table, alone. Stirring his tea with his spoon, when royal guard 02 came in.

"Sir! I have very important news!"

"What is it?"

"Someone..."

Asriel was nervous. He had a slight glimpse of the future, a devil falling from the surface...

"Fell down the well in Snowdin! Whatever shall we do?"

"Hmm. Describe them to me."

"He's a boy with no arms, and-"

"That's monster kid... always falling down somewhere. Did you try the rope?"

"Yes, sir, but he couldn't grab on."

"Do you have any person small enough to fit in there?"

"Heatflamesperson, but-"

"Heatflamesman..."

"But he just burnt the rope."

"Hmm. Send down a life jacket and fill the well with water until he reaches the top."

"Right away sir!"

And off Royal Guard 02 went, leaving Asriel forever alone...

He was miserable. He made the entire kingdom happy, but he was never the one who was satisfied. He would happily kill himself to save the rest of the kingdom. Just the thought of Sans and Papyrus, his parents, and... Chara...

It was too much to live on with. The thought of being killed, and multiplying that by every monster in the underground... it just wasn't worth it.

He'd thought he'd visit Snowdin and check on the new cave system while he had the time.

He arrived in Snowdin to see Papyrus rushing to the well with 10 buckets of spilling water.

"Fear not, small child! I, the great Papyrus, leader of the royal gaurd, will help you!"

He poured whatever left of water he had down the well.

"Hurry! It must be warm so he does not freeze! Sans! Where are you?"

"I'm helping bro. See?"

Sans emptied an empty bucket into the well.

"Sans, that bucket was empty!"

"No, bro. Look."

A small drop of water came out of the bucket, and plopped into the well.

"See?"

"Hmm. I suppose that every drop helps. Keep it up Sans, while I get more buckets of water! Onward, royal guard!"

Asriel looked down the well.

"Wow! It's the king! Hello, Mr. Dreemurr!"

"Please, call me Asriel. And I hear you go by monster kid?"

"Yeah! I don't like my birth name, so I gave myself a nickname! Pretty sweet, huh?"

"Yes, it is. Are you okay down there?"

"I've never had this much fun in my life!"

"Glad to see you're having fun."

Papyrus came back with even more buckets than before. Sand put another drop in the well.

Asriel backed away so they could continue putting water in the well. He stepped back and went to waterfall. He paused at a shop. He hung his head low and put a flower on the desk. He continued forth to the new cave.

There were already a ton of trees implanted in the area. Tons of monsters where helping build, each promised a home of their own when it was complete.

"Please, wear a helmet your majesty." Suggested Gaster. Asriel was still a bit sour.

"How have you put all of this in in such a short amount of time?"

"You'll NE suprised how far teamwork can go. Especially since all of them are desprate. Oh, and maybe my growth formula helped a bit." Gaster pulled out a vile in his lab coat.

"It helps make anything grow quickly. Plants, that is. It has no affect on non-living organisms, but we highly recommend not having it come in contact with skin, for it is highly experimental. However, this brings me so close to perfecting the death formula..."

"How many times do I have to say? Stop it! Dinosaurs were meant to be killed. We shouldn't play with death. It's too dangerous."

Gaster rolled his eyes.

"As you wish, your majesty. I must take care of something. Feel free to look around."

Gaster went into his secret lab and gathered up his creations.

"He can't stop me from doing what I love..."