Chapter 4

Sans and Azzy arrived outside of the lab, just around the corner.

"Hey, thanks San-" But Sans was gone.

Now where did he go? It didn't matter, he was were he needed to be anyways. Asriel walked up to the big metal door and knocked. There was a long pause. Asriel knocked again before getting worried. Suddenly, the door opens, and Alphys trips over herself.

"S-Sorry, Asriel. I just- oh my god, I'm not-" Asriel winced. He does not like swearing. "Oh, I'm s-so s-sorry..."

"It's okay. What have you been up to?"

"W-well, I've mostly been h-helping Gaster down at the Core. N-not much.. Oh! But I upgraded Mettaton NEO to be more... uh... s-stable."

"I see. Do you know anything about the new cave?"

"O-oh, yeah. Gaster and I are very excited. The new cave seems to have new elements inside."

"Hmm. You don't suppose you could take me there, could you?"

"Y-yeah, actually I can! I have the day off, and all I was planning to do today was... uhhh... Watch anime..." Asriel was questioning that answer. "B-but, in order to get to the cave, we'll have to go to Waterfall because, uh... B-because that's the only entrance t-to the new cave."

"Splendid! We can go right now. We can take the riverboat and-"

"W-well, hold on. I... need to  run some errands. S-so, I'll meet you there?"

"Oh, okay. I'll see you there, then."

Asriel boarded the River Person's boat, unaware of how small and rickety it is.

"Where to, my king?"

"Waterfall, please."

It was a long and boring ride. Neither of them talked to each other until:

"Beware of the fallen child, angel or devil, we do not know." Asriel was confused.

"Excuse me?" But they did not respond. Asriel thought if they were talking about Chara.

It was a long and awkward ride there. All Asriel could hear was the sound of the river and rushing waterfalls up ahead.

He sat there and admired his surroundings. Everything was so... peaceful.

They finally arrived to their destination, and Asriel sat patiently, waiting for Alphys. 30 minutes later, and Alphys shoes up with Undyne.

"O-oh, I don't realize that the boat would be faster..."

"It's okay. So... where is this new area?"

"Well, instead of passing through the dark area of Waterfall, we believe that this new cave can go around that, and supplying new homes for the monsters. It's... this way."

They passed some scientists examining the rock, and taking samples to test out on later.

"Our scientists are figuring out if there is anything harmful to us monsters, like, that could kill us. And since Sans only has 1 hp, he's not really welcome here."

"I see... Have they found anything yet?"

"Well, not yet, but Gaster says we are close to finding new materials that may or may not help us replicate a soul, or even help us destroy the barrier! Isn't that... exciting?"

Asriel thought for a moment.

"Yes, I guess that is good. Have we been building in these caves yet?"

"Oh, yes! We already have roads and buildings laid out for this cave system!"

"Cool. Well, I guess I'll go visit Papyrus now."

"Tell that punk I said hi!" Said Undyne.

Asriel smiled. "Okay, Undyne."