"We should do this more often."

As he was about to take the next right, he brought the machine to a stop and looked to the left. Through the weeds was a new trail freshly matted down by tires. And he didn't make it.

"What's wrong?"

After turning the four wheeler off, he took a short walk down the path. It had been freshly traveled. After the rain last night, there was already fresh tracks through the mud.

He came back to Carrie. "What?"

"Somebody's been riding back here."

"And?"

"All of these trails we've been riding on are on our property. Somebody's been trespassing."

"Did you give anyone permission to ride back here?"

"No."

Harrison jumped back on behind her. "Wanna go on a little adventure?"

"Why not?"

He started the four wheeler and they started down the new path.

❺❾

Harrison wasn't liking this at all. They hadn't seen any other paths, meaning whoever was riding on their property, was doing so on purpose.

They were well off their own property now while following the path that led into a small clearing. In the clearing was a cabin he had no idea was back here. They lived in a very secluded area away from the city, but he never knew there was a camp this close.

"Maybe we should get out of here," Carrie suggested.

"Why?"

"There's a million no trespassing signs."

"Well whoever lives or rents here is trespassing on our property."

Just as he said that, the back door to the cabin opened, and out came a man holding a shotgun.

"F**K!"

He fired a shot in the air and Harrison quickly turned the four wheeler around and quickly sped back down the path they came. Then they heard the roar of another four wheeler behind them.

"Is he following us?"

"Yeah."

Carrie held on to the seat as they jumped plenty of bumps he avoided on the way here. "Duck!"

She did as told. Harrison sitting behind her nearly missed a pricker bush to the face. "He shouldn't be able to keep up with us!"

"I don't feel so reassured by that!"

"This is my racing quad! We're only in 3rd gear! Out of six!"

Carrie looked over her shoulder. "He's catching up!"

Harrison took a quick turn and skidded the back tires. They were on a straightaway. He quickly shifted up into sixth gear and she watched over his shoulder as they put some distance between themselves and the man.