17

San Francisco was beautiful. Although Carrie had been there many times, it's beauty still seemed to amaze her.

Harrison was amazed by the city too. Coming a few days early with Carrie allowed the two of them to explore San Francisco. They crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, rode through the city in a trolley, and went to a Giants game before the season opener against the 49ers.

After the game, they would fly to Beverly Hills, where he would meet her mom for the first time.

Carrie paced the Panthers sidelines for a few minutes before squeezing into a small space left vacant by other reporters and photographers. She unpacked her backpack which consisted of the same notebook she'd used for years now to write down important game notes, pens, a few snacks, water, and her camera.

Although most writers never stepped foot on the sidelines during games, Carrie loved to take her own pictures for her articles. The articles felt totally hers because she didn't have to use someone else's photos, figure out who even took it, and credit them.

Harrison stepped out on the field in his all white Panthers uniform for the first play of the game, and she quickly snapped a few pictures of him. He was very demanding while informing her that he wanted her to take plenty of pictures of him.

❺❾

Harrison approached the line of scrimmage while signaling to his teammate Luke to take a few steps back. Meanwhile, the 49ers quarterback was moving two receivers closer to the sidelines.

It was likely going to be a run or play action pass based on the way the running back was set up in the backfield. The ball was snapped and he immediately blitzed the line of scrimmage. It ended up being a play action pass. The quarterback faked the handoff as the running back barged through the line.

He tried his best to break through the line and get to the quarterback, but he was stopped by two offensive lineman. The quarterback then completed his pass for a 10 yard gain.

The Panthers regrouped. Harrison received another play call from the defensive coordinator. This was a zone coverage. All 11 defenders would be responsible for their own amount of space.

After giving the play, he set up for what would most likely be a run to throw them off. He was right. The 49ers ran the ball right into a trap. Harrison and his teammate Thomas got to him first and tackled him behind the line of scrimmage for a loss.

He gave Thomas a high five as they both ran back to join the rest of the team in the huddle.

The 49ers attempted a pass into the Panthers man to man coverage. Harrison was on the tight end. He ran step by step with the tight end until he saw the ball being passed to a receiver who'd broken away from the cornerback.

The football nearly sailed over the receivers head. But he was able to make a fantastic catch as Harrison closed in from the side. The receiver didn't see him yet, making him an easy target.

Just then, the receiver looked over his shoulder at Harrison. But it was too late. He led with his shoulder and hit him right where he held the ball. As Harrison and the receiver went down, the ball popped out and Luke was able to return it for a few yards.

❺❾

Carrie finished up writing her game summary while Harrison went through her camera on the flight to Beverly Hills.

Panthers Top 49ers In Season Opener

Harrison Ford and the Carolina Panthers didn't let up as they went on to beat the 49ers 45-21 in this Sunday's season opener.

This afternoon, the Panthers preformed above expectations. They scored 28 unanswered points in the first half to pull away early with the game in their hands.

Harrison Ford led the spark when he forced a fumble which Luke Kuechly returned eleven yards into field goal range. Cam Newton threw for 287 yards this afternoon with four touchdown passes and even a rushing touchdown.

Tight end Greg Olsen led the team with 89 yards receiving and two touchdowns while Christian McCaffrey picked up his first 200 yard rushing game.

On defense, the Panthers produced three sacks against the 49ers quarterbacks. Harrison Ford led the defense with eight tackles, a forced fumble, and 2.5 sacks this afternoon.

The Panthers look to stay hot as they host the Bills next Sunday.

Published. Carrie closed her laptop and watched Harrison go through the thousand plus photos she took this afternoon.

"Do you like them?"

"I love them!"

He handed her camera back and moved to sit next to her. "I took a ton of you like you asked."

"I see that. Thank you."

Carrie slipped her camera in her bag. "Ready to meet my mom soon?"

"I don't know. She's not going to kill me right?"

She smiled. "Of course she's not going to kill you. Maybe not right away."

He just raised an eyebrow as she leaned over for a kiss.