107

Harrison and Carrie sat in the front of the NFL Awards ceremony next to a few other Panthers players and their families. This year, Harrison was nominated for two awards. Quite a few Panthers players were nominated for awards as well.

Cam Newton and Ezekiel Elliot started off the ceremony, winning the FedEx Air and Ground players of the year. Following that, Christian won the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

The Offensive Player of the Year Award went to Tom Brady leading the league in passing yards and completions. The Panthers offensive line won the Built Ford Tough Offensive Line of the year. They did a great job protecting Cam in the pocket, and allowing the offensive to lead the league in points scored. Andrew Luck, the quarterback from the Indianapolis Colts, won the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. He was known for complimenting defenders after they hit him.

Coming next was the Clutch Player of the Year Award. That was given to Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr for the second straight season. Following that, was coach of the year. Coach Rivera won that by a large margin. He got the Panthers back on track from a 6-10 season, all the way to an undefeated Super Bowl Championship season.

Two Steelers won awards as well. Rookie T.J. Watt won the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award. He really deserved that one. The next Steeler to win an award was Ben Roethlisberger, with the Courtyard "Greatness on the Road" Award.

Next came the first award Harrison was nominated for. The Defensive Player of the Year Award. Carrie laced her fingers with his and whispered, "you're going to get this one."

He smiled back. "I hope."

They announced the nominees. Harrison, Luke, J.J. Watt, Von Miller, Clay Matthews, and Khalil Mack.

"For the 2017-2018 season, the Defensive Player of the Year goes too..."

A pin dropping could be heard in the theater as players awaited the winner.

"Harrison Ford!"

No surprise at all. He deserved it.

Carrie playfully punched him as he stood up and made his way onstage. From a distance Carrie really liked the light blue tie he chose to wear better than the red. They got in a debate before the ceremony over what tie he should wear. He loved both the red one and the blue one. To Carrie now, the light blue tie looked good with his light grey suit. And it matched her dress exactly.

He stood beside commissioner Roger Goodell on stage. "Congratulations Harrison," he said as he handed him his gold trophy featuring the NFL logo. "I'm getting used to seeing you up here."

Harrison accepted his award. "Thank you."

Everyone clapped as he came back to sit beside Carrie. After doing their new handshake, she got to hold it. "This is heavier than I thought."

"That's because it's made of gold."

"Are you serious?"

He shook his head and laughed. "I wish it was."

The ceremony continued on with the Walter Peyton Man of the Year Award given to Russell Wilson in the NFC, and Alex Smith in the AFC.

Next was the Comeback Player of the Year Award. "And the winner of the 2017-2018 Comeback Player of the Year Award goes to, Luke Kuechly!"

Harrison immediately pushed Luke's shoulder as he stood up to go accept his award. After missing 6 games last season due to a concussion, Luke made his return back into top form. He only finished behind his own teammate Harrison for tackles, sacks, and snaps played.

After Luke's Comeback Player of the Year Award, Harrison's immaculate reception was voted the Bridgestone Performance Play of the Year. It was a no doubter. There was nothing that could top that play.

The only award left was the League MVP. Again, Harrison stood up and walked up onstage to accept his second award of the night. He came back to a smiling Carrie.

That added to his list of NFL awards he already won. Rookie of the Year, All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Defensive Player of the Year. Now he added another Defensive Player of the Year and League MVP.