31

Carrie had just finished packing boxes when Harrison and Luke walked in. Both guys were laughing about something. "They ask the weirdest questions," Luke admitted as he closed the door.

"You boys ready for today's workout?"

"Second workout," Luke corrected. "Today was leg day."

"Okay Kuechly."

"What do you want us to take?"

She started pointing to a few boxes stacked closer to the door. The heavy ones. "Here." Harrison caught her car keys over his shoulder. "I'll be down right after you guys."

After Harrison and Luke took four boxes down to her Jeep and his truck, she came down with two of the lighter ones. There wasn't much for her to take. All the furniture and appliances stayed.

It wasn't long before all the boxes were brought down into the parking lot and the three of them were loading the cars. Once his truck was full, they began to pack her car with the rest of the boxes that weren't very much.

The three of them took one last look around her apartment. She only had a cooler left that contained what was left in the fridge. "What do you guys want?"

Both Harrison and Luke took a beer while she settled for water. "I can't wait to get out of here."

That was true. She spent so much time at Harrison's that it was now pretty much pointless to have her own apartment. Carrie practically already lived with him.

Once they finished their drinks, she thanked Luke and followed Harrison home.

❺❾

Gary bolted right over to her when she brought the first box in. "Hi Gary." He didn't even give her a chance to rub his head. Instead he rolled right onto his back and begged for a belly rub.

"How was your night with Harrison and Wilson?"

He stuck his tongue out, something she'd gotten used to as an okay from her dog. Just then Harrison walked in carrying two of the heavier boxes.

"Less talking, more helping?"

She smiled and ran back out the front door with Harrison to go grab more boxes. He tried carrying three boxes this time. They were stacked up so high, there was no way he could see over them.

Carrie walked beside him with a box of her own and helped him avoid tripping over the steps that led to the front door. "At the front door now. Watch your step."

He almost tripped and she had to reach out and stop the boxes from falling. "Nice going."

"I don't see you with three boxes," he shot back with a smile.

"Just please don't drop anything. That top one has my camera in it."

Harrison bit his lip and continued carefully into the house. Very good cameras ranged from $400 to $6,000 without the lens being included.

"How much was your camera?" He asked.

"$6,000 without the lens. And probably another $8,000 for the good lenses. I didn't have to buy it. That's one of the perks of working for ESPN."

"That's expensive."

"Tell me about it."

❺❾

Soon Carrie was settled in. He gave her half the drawers and half the closet in their bedroom, and moved his Maserati and some car with a cover on it to the other garage. Now the garage consisted of his truck, her Jeep, and the furniture from the guest bedroom that is now her office that he had to get rid of.

As Harrison laid on the couch watching film of this weekends opponent, the Patriots, she finished up unpacking in her office. There was a large desk in the corner of the room, next to the window, with a comfy chair and table behind it.

The walls were covered with framed pictures of the two of them and with his framed 1,000 tackles jersey. On her desk sat her laptop, a few folders, the picture they'd taken in Beverly Hills, and a bobble head of him.

She didn't even notice the bobble head until she finished putting her camera and lenses on the shelf above her desk.

Carrie grabbed the bobble head and took it out to show him. She walked down the hallway and into the living room, before passing by the fish tank in the wall that separated the living room from the dining room. He was still on the couch.

"What is this?"

Harrison looked up and laughed. "It was from my bobble head night last year. Don't you like it?"

She didn't say anything right away. "I can sign it and make it more authentic."

That reminded her to ask about the car. "The car under the cover, what is it?"

"Want to see it?"

"Sure."

Carrie set the bobble head on the couch and followed him outside into his other garage where he pulled the cover off. From what she knew about old cars, it was a Chevrolet Chevelle.

"Does it even run?"

"Not well. I'm restoring it."

"You restore cars?"

He nodded. "It's been a hobby of mine. You should've seen it when I got it."

The car was coming along. Harrison still had a lot of work to do, but like he said, it looked a lot worse at one point.

"I can't wait to see it when it's done."