82

Carrie's mom showed up unexpectedly this morning.

The doorbell startled the two of them and both their dogs. "Who's that?" Carrie asked.

"I don't know," he answered quickly. "I wasn't expecting anyone."

The doorbell rang once again. This time, whoever was outside, rang it multiple times in a row. Carrie kicked him off of her. "Go answer it."

"Give me my clothes first."

Carrie dug under the covers for his clothes. "Here." She threw his underwear at him.

"I need more than that."

Her hand searched frantically through the covers to only come up with the rest of her clothes. Whoever was at the door started pounding against it.

"I can't find anything else. Just go answer it."

"Look harder."

"I am looking harder!"

He sighed as the pounding became louder. "Just go. I'll be down quick."

Harrison quickly came down the steps and headed towards the front door. He unlocked the top bolt while pressing his face against the glass to see who it could be.

It was Carrie's mom.

Great.

He opened the door just a crack to greet her mother. "Miss Reynolds, I wasn't expecting to see you."

She smiled right back at him and he figured she wasn't going to be smiling at him like this in a few seconds when she saw him and what he was wearing.

"I figured I'd stop by for your game this weekend and to see how Carrie is doing after the accident."

Debbie pushed the door open and hauled her bags inside. Harrison probably should be helping, but he really didn't want her to see him like this.

He stuck his arm out and grabbed the last bag while she was turned around. Then he closed the door behind the two of them. "Wow, its cold out there. Aren't you cold?"

Then she saw him standing in front of her wearing just his boxers. His hair was tousled in all different directions and there were still beads of sweat on his skin.

"I was going to say good morning, but it looks like you're having a pretty good morning already."

Busted.

Harrison nodded while biting his lip and praying Carrie would come down and save him.

"You could say that."

Just then Carrie saved his ass. She came flying down the steps and quickly rushed over. Her feet slid on the hard wood floor, and she came to a stop just in front of him.

"Mom!?"

Debbie gave her daughter a hug. "I wanted to see how you were doing. And I figured I'd pay you guys a surprise visit."

"Good mom. Harrison and I actually found a new car yesterday."

Meanwhile, Harrison used the hug as an opportunity to sneak back upstairs and put some clothes on. When he came downstairs, Carrie had helped her mom haul all her bags into the living room and the two of them were currently petting Gary and Wilson.

"Do you want to see it?"

Harrison followed them into the garage where Carrie quickly flipped on the lights to reveal her new Jeep parked closet to the door.

The Jeep was sweet. Since Carrie wasn't looking at a new Jeep as big as the one she had before, they settled on one of the nice SUV models. It was shiny black with the black wheels to go along with it. It looked badass.

This Jeep was all wheel drive, which was very good in snow, and the lower car would be much easier for them to take the baby places

"That's really nice Carrie."

"I like it more than the other one."