61

Harrison was mic'd up for today's game against the Saints in New Orleans. Just before the game he walked along the sidelines, getting everyone pumped up.

"LET'S GO!" He shouted as he walked down the sideline giving everyone high fives. "Let's kick some butt!"

Christian gave him a high five. "Where's let's kick some ass?"

Harrison pat him on the back. "Dude I got a mic on today."

"How do they even put that one?"

He shrugged. "I just gotta watch my mouth today."

Harrison kept walking until he came to Luke. They bumped helmets. "LET'S GO!"

"WHOOO! LET'S BEAT SOME DOGS TODAY!
LETS BEAT SOME DOGS!"

"You know, I wonder how much this mic is gonna pick up."

"How's it even hooked up?"

Harrison looked down at his jersey. "It's under my shoulder pads and it goes down the front of me and into my pants."

"Can you even feel it?"

"Not yet."

The Saints elected to kick, giving the Panthers the ball first. Harrison stood on the sidelines as the offense drove down the field. "You know, I like when we're out there first."

Thomas looked at him. "Me too. Then they know what they're up against."

"And Drew realizes he's gonna get a face full of me the entire game."

They both laughed. Just then, Christian ran along the edge of the sidelines and picked up about 16 yards when he was pulled down by his face mask. The referee was standing right in front of Harrison.

"That was a face mask right there."

The ref didn't say anything. "You can't let my guys get pulled down like that."

"I didn't see it."

Harrison just shook his head and walked away. "Pathetic."

❺❾

The Panthers drove 89 yards down the field to score a touchdown. Harrison was on the field giving the offense high fives as they came by. "THAT'S HOW ITS DONE!"

When Christian came by, he stopped him. "That ref totally missed that face mask call on you."

"Oh I know."

"I tried to tell him. I guess he's getting paid big bucks to not watch the game."

Christian gave him a pat on the back. "Go get em."

Harrison jogged out onto the field and into the huddle. "Okay, pretend I'm telling y'all something important. 4-4 all the way."

He stood a few feet behind the line of scrimmage and watched the Saints quarterback Drew Brees shift the fullback.

"Fullback! Luke you're on him!"

He pointed to the left tackle. "Thomas watch run outside!"

It took him a few seconds to read the play. "RUN INSIDE!"

Harrison had his mouthpiece attached to his face mask. He quickly put it in as the quarterback caught the snap. Julius and Thomas pushed back the offensive lineman, giving Harrison a straight shot to the running back.

He quickly tackled him. "THAT'S HOW ITS DONE!"

Luke slapped the side of his helmet as he stood up. The running back stood up right between that and pushed Harrison a little bit.

"It's gonna be this kind of game? Really?"

"Yeah."

"Who do you even think you are? Turn around. I don't even know who you are."

Luke and a few guys laughed behind him as Harrison smiled. "I'm gonna run right through you," the running back challenged.

Harrison just laughed. "Alright short stack. We'll see about that."

After calling the next play, Harrison and the defensive set up in man coverage. For this play, Harrison was covering a receiver.

He lined up just in front of the receiver. "You're the fast guy right?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. I figured you were. I was just making sure."

The ball was snapped and he kept pace with the receiver. Harrison looked over his shoulder and saw the ball being thrown in their direction. The receiver cut back in a curl route as the ball was delivered. He hit the guy hard from behind and knocked the ball out for an incomplete pass.

"Damn it!"

Harrison wagged a finger. "Not today!"

It was third and long for the Saints. Drew Brees changed the play at the line of scrimmage just after Harrison did. So he decided to fool with the offense.

"OMAHA!"

They were already confused because Harrison's voice sounded very similar to their quarterbacks. "NEBRASKA!"

Some of the guys switched around. "KANSAS!"

There wasn't going to be time for Drew Brees to call timeout with the play clock running down. Harrison continued to go through the states. "FLORIDA!"

"OKLAHOMA!"

The offense was in utter confusion when the ball was snapped. Harrison blasted through the offensive line and tackled Drew Brees before he even had a chance to see him.

"Nice hit man."

Harrison helped him up. "You got any more states on that playbook?" He asked with a smile.

❺❾

The Panthers defeated the Saints 38-0. After shaking hands, Harrison walked into the locker room with Luke, Christian, and Cam. "THAT'S HOW ITS DONE! A nice rear end whipping."

All the guys laughed. "How 'bout a big ass whipping?"

"I can't say that. I gotta mic on."

"Sure didn't have a problem with running that mouth of yours."

He smiled. "They dish it out, they gotta take it back."