96

Carrie jumped when Harrison surprisingly flopped down on their bed. She lost her place in the book she was reading.

"HARRISON! Really!?"

He just laughed and moved to lay beside her. Meanwhile, Carrie tried her hardest to find her place in her book. She was shuffling through pages when suddenly a strong hand clamped it closed. He leaned over her and set it on the nightstand.

She just watched him with her eyebrow raised. "Really?"

"Really what?"

Harrison often played games with her like this. He'd playfully tease her, mock her, and find all kinds of different ways to make her laugh.

"I was trying to read."

"So?"

"It was a good book."

"Not as good as me," he said with a smile. "I think I'm more entertaining than a romance novel."

His hand found itself on her hip as it slowly made its way towards her waist. "If that's what you call entertaining, then you're going to have to try something else."

"Damn."

"Have you ever read anything other than football plays and stuff having to do with football?"

"I love reading what you write."

"That's about football."

He thought for a second. "The last thing, like a book, I read that wasn't football related was in college for a few of my classes."

Carrie playfully rolled her eyes. He caught the small smile forming on her lips. "What? Are you gonna make fun of me?"

She reached for the book and handed it to him. "Try it. You might like it."

Harrison opened the book and quickly scanned over the first page. Then he closed it and handed it right back to her.

Carrie set it back on her nightstand. "It's not manly enough for you isn't it?"

He smiled. "Maybe." Her facial expression made him laugh. "It's not even close."

She poked a finger in his chest. "You football players. Think you're all big and strong."

Harrison moved her hand away from his chest and laced his fingers with hers. "Hey, you said yourself I'm a sweetheart." He proceeded to remind her of the conversation she had with her mom the first time they ever slept together.

"Just try the book. You might end up liking it."

"If I try it will you arm wrestle me?"

"And lose?"

The smile already present on his face widened. "Yeah. Just a little bit."

"Only if I can use both hands."

"Deal."

Carrie got to her feet and followed him into the kitchen. He sat down on the far side of the counter in their hotel room. She sat down across from him.

Before they started, she asked, "are we set on food?"

Harrison nodded. "I went through everything we bought today and we'll be good for the next two weeks."

He patted the countertop and Carrie rolled up her sleeve and held her hand out for him. "You're going to crush me."

Her small hand fit perfectly in his. Carrie was also allowed to put her left hand on the backside of his. "Ready?"

She gave a quick nod and he counted down from 3. Carrie was immediately trying to pull his hand her way. Put their hands slowly inched towards the countertop of his side.

"Come on, you got more than that."

Carrie tried her hardest and succeeded in moving their hands only a few inches her way. She kept going until Harrison realized she had a shot at taking this from him. He slowly moved their hands back the other direction until hers hit against the countertop.

Before she could even say anything, he stood behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist. He quickly kissed her cheek. "I win."

Harrison's other hand dropped under her legs where he picked her up and carried her bridal style to bed.