73

Luke came over that night after they got home from Atlanta. Both he and Harrison were all over the Internet, looking for reactions about Luke's ejection.

Then Harrison found the actual video from FOX Sports Charlotte. "Here."

"I want to see it when you're done," Carrie said from behind the counter.

Harrison held his phone out for both himself and Luke and they watched the video. "Watch at the end of this play," the announcer said. "Ben Garland pulls Luke Kuechly out of the pile. The foul should be on Ben Garland. Then he gets pulled again, this time by the official. He had no idea that was the official behind him. That's not enough to kick Luke Kuechly out of this game."

"Even the announcers agree."

Luke shook his head. "This is one of those situations where the ref needs to put himself in our shoes. We get grabbed by guys all the time. You and I both have been pulled out of piles by other players. And I don't like someone else reaching around and putting their hands on me. Who else would?"

Harrison nodded as he went to grab the bowl of chips from Carrie. "I agree with everything you just said. You fought back like it was one of the guys from the other time. Of course the one time you actually show some temper it's the damn ref you touched."

"It's a different story when someone sees the ref then makes contact with them."

"I totally get it."

"Now I'm facing a possible suspension and fine. If I get suspended it will be during playoffs."

Harrison grabbed a couple of chips. "If you get suspended or fined I will be right behind you to appeal it."

"Harrison?"

He turned and grabbed a bowl of salad from Carrie followed by salsa for the chips. After setting the food on the counter, he quickly grabbed Carrie around the waist and snuck his arm under hers.

She elbowed him in the gut. "What was that for?"

Harrison turned to Luke. "There's the perfect example."

Carrie glared at him as he walked across the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses. "My point is, you can't grab someone like that and expect them not to react. We saw it with Luke and we saw it with Carrie."

"Red good?" He asked.

Luke nodded. "Not my favorite. Although right now anything works."

Harrison made sure to fill Luke's glass all the way. "I'm interested to see what the league has to say about this. We'll hear something soon."

"It better be good news because nobody can replace Luke Kuechly for a few games. You know I tried to plead your case and almost got myself tossed."

"You almost got ejected!?" Carrie asked.

He nodded and she held a hand to her forehead. "What the hell did you say?"

"I told him it was bullshit."

"Harrison!"

He shrugged. "It was true."

Carrie joined Harrison at the counter. She set her glass next to his glass of wine. "Not feeling a drink today Carrie?"

"Nope."

Then she and Harrison made eye contact. Luke noticed. "This should be good."

The couple didn't say anything right away. "Spill it."

"I'm pregnant."

He looked right at Harrison. "Woah."

Harrison put his arms around her and his hands on her belly. "I know. Never thought I'd knock you up that soon."

For the second time in less that five minutes, he got elbowed by his fiancée. "Hey, you and this baby are the best things that ever happened to me."

Luke just looked at the two of them. "America's couple is having a baby. When are you going to announce it?"

Harrison shrugged. "Whenever you want Carrie. You're carrying our baby."

"It doesn't matter to me. People are going to assume when I start getting bigger so why not do it now?"

He had his phone in his hand and was on Instagram. His last post was a picture from the Falcons game, and before that, a few engagement photos.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. So Harrison posted the picture they took with the two of them holding the baby Ford jersey. He captioned it lil Ford on the way. Instantly the post was swarmed with likes.

"Looks like we just stole the spotlight from you Luke."

"I'm quite glad you did."

❺❾

After dinner Luke and Harrison both looked at their phones at the exact same time when the NFL tweeted. Carrie got the notifications as well.

NFL committee says there was no reason for Panthers LB Luke Kuechly to be ejected from Sunday's game in Atlanta. Kuechly will not face a suspension or fine for his contact with NFL official Steve Freeman.

Kuechly reacted unknowingly to Freeman grabbing him around the waist and arm. At the time, he didn't realize Freeman was the one pulling him away. Kuechly later said, "it wouldn't of happened if I would've seen him."

"Yes!"

Harrison gave him a high five. "If they would've punished you for that they would've never heard the end of it. I've seen guys shove a ref and not be penalized."

They all looked back at their phones as the Panthers Twitter account retweeted the NFL's tweet. Then another tweet came from the NFL's news account.

BREAKING NEWS: Panthers LB Harrison Ford and fiancée Carrie Fisher announce couple's first child.

A few players took to social media to congratulate them, Luke included.

@LukeKuechly Huge congratulations to Harrison and Carrie on their announcement of a baby on the way. Can't wait to meet baby Ford soon.

Luke looked over at the two of them. "Now y'all are the center of attention again."