45

Carrie woke to a back massage. "Harrison, that feels so good."

He put an arm around her. "Happy Birthday," he whispered while kissing her cheek gently.

She turned and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "Thanks."

Harrison quickly got up out of bed and came back from the kitchen with a plate loaded with food. It consisted of bacon, eggs, sausage, and a few pancakes.

"Did you make this?"

He nodded. "Thanks."

Harrison wanted to take her out for breakfast in North Carolina, but since they had a game in Chicago tomorrow, it would have to wait until they got back home.

She was devouring the food. "You really made all this? Or are you sure it wasn't room service?"

"I really made it. I even borrowed a cookbook from the hotel. It's in the kitchen if you don't believe me."

"It's really good."

Harrison laid by her side with his arms around her waist as she finished the food. Setting the plate on the other side of their bed, she leaned back into his embrace.

"25 now huh?"

"Yep."

"Now you're halfway to 50."

"You're gonna get there first."

"By two years."

"So, you're gonna get there first."

Carrie turned over so that she was laying on his chest. Her head rested on his shoulder and her fingers played with the light stubble of a beard he had coming on.

"What are we going to do today?" She asked.

"Whatever you want," he answered.

"Don't you have practice?"

Harrison shook his head. "I'm quite glad because that gives me the day to spend with you."

He rolled to his side. "I have something for you."

It was a few minutes before he came back with a card, and a box wrapped in wrapping paper. As Carrie sat up, he sat on their edge of their shared bed.

"You didn't have to get me anything."

"I was definitely going to get something for the best girl in the entire universe."

Carrie took the box and card from him. "How did you even know it was my birthday?"

"I looked it up."

"Really?"

He nodded. "I wasn't going to miss it. October 21st."

She opened the card and started to cry at what he wrote. It was so genuine and beautiful. After Alex, Carrie never thought she could love someone as much as she loved Harrison. And she never believed someone could love her as much as he did.

Carrie tore the wrapping paper off the box and handed it to him. It was a clothing box. She opened the box to reveal another small box, and what looked like a frame all wrapped up. She decided to start with the small box first.

It was absolutely beautiful. She pulled it out of the box. It was a necklace made of real diamonds that formed a 'C,' her initial.

"This is beautiful. Harrison, you didn't have to."

"But I did."

He took the necklace and put it around her neck. "It looks great on you."

Carrie opened the other box. It was a framed picture of the two of them from the Thursday night game last week. They were standing out at midfield in Bank of America Stadium, after the Panthers win against the Eagles.

He stood across from her, in his all blue football uniform with his hands on her hips. Carrie had her hands on his shoulders and nearly stood on her tip toes as they kissed.

"That's adorable."

Behind it, was the first picture they ever took together, back in Beverly Hills. It was the one she posted on Instagram.

Carrie held both frames in her lap. "You still have this picture from when we went to visit my mom?"

He nodded. "That's my lock screen on my phone. The one we took last Thursday is my home screen."

"Thank you Harrison."

He pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. "Happy Birthday."

I decided to triple update this today because tomorrow will be when things get really interesting😏