98

"Go!"

"I am going!" Carrie shouted back as she ran for the ball that was well over her head.

"Faster! You can do it!"

Carrie's legs were running as fast at they could. She was beginning to catch up to the ball. As the ball neared her hands, Carrie reached out and caught it on her fingertips.

"That was a hell of a catch!"

She threw the ball back to him. "Let's see you do that."

The throw was a little high. High enough that he had to jump for it. Harrison exaggerated it a little bit and jumped higher than he needed to. Timing the jump a little late, he had to reach behind his head to catch the ball. He kept rotating until he did a total backflip and landed on his feet.

"There you go."

Harrison threw the ball back. He purposely threw it a little to her right. Carrie extended her left arm and caught the ball in her left hand. Her hand wasn't big enough to catch a football one handed. So she quickly flipped the ball to herself and secured it in both hands.

Then it was his turn to catch the ball. He caught it in one hand just to show her up.

"How do you do that?"

"I have big hands."

He sure did whereas Carrie had trouble gripping the ball to throw. Both her pointer finger and middle finger weren't on the strings.

Harrison joined her at midfield of U.S. Bank Stadium. The grounds crew finished painting the field for the Super Bowl yesterday after practice, giving both teams the ability to use the field.

They were on the Panthers half of the field. The end zone was painted black with the logo and 'Panthers' in the end zone. On both sides of the field, at the 25-yard line was the Super Bowl 52 logo.

Some of the Steelers players were on their half of the field, not allowing Harrison and Carrie to play around on the whole field.

She was watching them play catch as Harrison's arm wrapped around her. The Pittsburgh Steelers. A six time championship team with experienced players that have been there to win it all. They fell just short of another Super Bowl appearance last year against the Patriots.

His hands were now massaging her back. "What are you thinking about?"

"You guys are going to have to play really well on Sunday."

"We will." He was quick to reassure her. "There will be no number 7."

Harrison was referring to the Steelers quest to win their 7th Super Bowl, and put a gap of two victories between themselves and the charging Patriots. Their last appearance, they lost to the Packers.

"It's our turn now."

The Panthers were in their third Super Bowl in team history. So far, they hadn't brought the trophy home to North Carolina. Hopefully, this weekend, that would change.

"Go deep."

Carrie took off from midfield towards the end zone. At about the 20-yard line, she stopped. Harrison waved his hand to get her to keep going. She kept running until she got to the end zone, where she took a right into the back right corner. Harrison threw her a perfect pass that she easily caught.

"TOUCHDOWN!"