62

Carrie sat next to Luke at dinner. She went out with Luke, Cam and his girlfriend, and Greg and his wife Kara. Harrison was going to come as well, but he had to go shoot his newest NFL Shop commercial.

Honestly, Carrie was quite glad to have some space from him. Ever since the birthday card thing, the two of them managed to turn the smallest disagreements into the biggest arguments.

Shannon wasn't here either. So Carrie and Luke said they were together to get the couples discount on drinks and a pizza. There was one time the waitress congratulated the two of them on their engagement.

"Man Harrison's missing out," Luke said as he started on another chicken wing.

"I told him to move his shoot, but he wouldn't. Whatever."

Luke looked at her oddly. "Something going on between you two?"

"You could say that."

"What's going on?"

She shook her head, not wanting anyone else to hear. "I'll tell you later."

He nodded and began on another piece of pizza.

❺❾

Harrison came home after a long evening of shooting his newest commercial. As he pulled into the garage, he noticed Carrie's car was still gone. She should've been home by now. It was just dinner right?

He headed upstairs and changed out of his black Panthers jersey and jeans he had to wear for the commercial. After changing, he quickly texted Carrie and asked her where she was.

It was 10:40. She left for dinner at 5. What was taking her so long?

❺❾

Harrison waited a half hour for her to reply. She still hadn't. Now he was really getting worried about her. He even tried calling her to no response.

He walked back into the kitchen, grabbed his phone, and his keys. On his way out of the house and into the garage, he unlocked his phone. He and Carrie were now on the same Apple account. That meant using a standard app called 'Find my iPhone,' he could track her phone.

Finally getting it to load, he located her phone. Harrison started his truck and pulled out of the garage. With one hand holding his phone, he drove with the other.

❺❾

Carrie reached for another handful of popcorn as Luke came back with another beer. "Thanks."

"You ready to tell me about what's going on between you and Harrison?"

She nodded as he sat down on the other side of the couch. "Everything turns into a fight now. Everything. We argue about the simplest things."

"Like what?"

"Like today, I told him I was coming to dinner and he got all pissed off. Then I told him to shoot his commercial another day because he's the professional. They want him for the commercial so they can adjust to his schedule. He didn't want to."

Luke took another sip of beer. "You two need to figure this out. We can't let America's couple break up."

"Is this normal?"

"What do you mean normal?"

"Did you and Shannon ever fight like this? Is it normal for us to be fighting?"

He considered. "Every couple has their fights. But for you and Captain America, this seems like you guys aren't on the same page of your relationship. What's different between you guys?"

Carrie thought back to the birthday card incident. She accused him of cheating. And he fired back something about trust.

"Trust. That's it."

"Okay. You guys aren't on the same level of trust anymore."

"More like he doesn't trust me anymore."

"Why?"

Carrie explained everything. "Yeah, you guys have to talk about this as soon as possible. You need to know you can trust him and he needs to know he can trust you."

❺❾

The app led Harrison to Luke's house. And sure enough her Jeep was in the driveway. He slammed his truck door and ran up the front steps to Luke's house and inside.

Carrie and Luke were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, drinking beer while watching The Force Awakens with popcorn in between themselves.

"You didn't answer my calls Carrie," he said, causing both of them to turn right around. "You had me really worried."

He couldn't even be mad she didn't return any of his calls or texts. Harrison was just glad she was okay.

"I thought something happened to you."

"Well I'm fine."

Luke suddenly stood up. "I'll leave you two to figure things out."

They watched him head upstairs. "Just lock up when you're done."

Carrie now stood in front of him. "We need to talk."

"About what?"

"About us."

Harrison sat beside her on the couch. "Look, I don't like what's been going on between us the last few days. Do you?"

"No," he answered.

"It needs to stop. Both of us have done and said things we both regret these last few days. I want us to be us again. No more of these arguments."

"We need to trust each other fully again."

"Yes we do."

Harrison put a hand on her knee. "These last few days don't mean anything anymore. We're starting on a clean slate and picking up as the Harrison and Carrie we were before."

"I agree." She put her hand out to shake and he playfully slapped it away.

"Really. That's lousy."

Carrie laughed. Harrison leaned over and gently kissed her. "That's more like it."