25

Carrie's eyes fluttered open when she felt him massaging her feet. Seeing him sitting on the edge of his own bed with her feet in his lap, she quickly closed her eyes to keep it going.

But he noticed. "I was wondering when you were gonna wake up."

She rolled onto her stomach and away from Wilson and Gary where she stretched out. "What time is it?"

"11:30."

"Seriously?"

He nodded. "While you were sleeping, I did a full workout and made breakfast."

Harrison stood up and covered her up. "I'm going to be leaving in 5 minutes for practice if you can get yourself ready in time to come with me, or I can just meet you there."

"I'll just meet you there," Carrie said as she slowly sat up. "Shit. I don't have my car."

He tossed her a set of keys. "I figured you would say that. And you said you wanted to drive it. Just don't get it dirty."

She looked at the keys for a moment before noticing the trident Maserati logo. Carrie didn't have a chance to say anything as he pressed a quick kiss to her lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

And with that he turned and left.

❺❾

Carrie half rolled off his bed and onto the floor. She was so sore from yesterday. After they got home, Harrison convinced her to try one of his workouts. It was hell. She could barely move her arms and her legs stung as she slowly stood up.

Gary watched her struggle to stand up. "What are you looking at?"

He stuck his tongue out and turned his head. "That's what I thought."

She slowly made her way downstairs for breakfast with a lot of cracking and popping. Once she finally got downstairs with Wilson and Gary on her heels, she wandered into the kitchen.

Harrison didn't make breakfast. He went out and got it from some place Carrie didn't recognize. She set his car keys on the kitchen counter and dug through the box. Pancakes, a waffle, and bacon.

He was such a gentleman.

It didn't take her long to devour the food. And it was delicious. Wherever he got it from, Carrie wanted to go eat there with him sometime.

After eating breakfast and not sharing much bacon with Gary and Wilson, Carrie made her way back upstairs to get ready for Panthers practice that she should be at right now.

Back in his room, she noticed multiple boxes. Some were unpacked and left open, while the others were still sealed. Then on the side of his bed was a folded Panthers long sleeve shirt, Nike sweatpants, and a blue Panthers hat.

It was his newest order from Nike that included some of her things as well. Harrison must've known she didn't have any extra clothes, and it was supposed to be chilly today.

Carrie quickly changed, fed the dogs since she wasn't sure if Harrison did or not, and grabbed his keys.

With her backpack slung over her shoulder, Carrie found his car parked in the garage. The Carolina blue was so pretty. She threw her bag into the passenger seat and started the car.

It was so quiet. Carrie was surprised a car with that much power was so quiet. She pulled out of the garage, down the driveway, and onto to the road.

She didn't realize how fast she was going until she was flying by other cars. Then she turned on the radio. He had it programmed with the satellite radio Sirius XM. Every time one of his favorite songs came on, there was an alert that came across the screen, giving her the option to play it. He had good taste in music. Country, a little throwback, and some new hits. The car even beeped a warning when someone pulled out too close to her. Harrison, I may be stealing your car.

It was a dreaded arrival at practice. Carrie found a parking spot near his truck. Reluctantly, she made her way over to the field where the Panthers were practicing.

He was signing autographs with a few of his teammates. Just as he handed an autographed football back to a fan, he saw her out of the corner of his eye.

Excusing himself, he grabbed his helmet and shoulder pads and jogged over. "Aren't you supposed to be practicing?"

"We are. The next part is a padded practice."

Then he asked, "how was the ride here?"

She smiled. "I'm stealing your car."