57

"Hey Harrison, look at this."

He momentarily took his eyes off his iPad and looked at her laptop. It was another picture of a backyard wedding.

They decided the wedding would be next year in early May so they could go on their honeymoon before he had to report back for training camp. The two of them also decided it would be an outdoor wedding and narrowed their options for a location down to two. It was going to be in North Carolina, making it a convenient for the majority of the people they planned on inviting. That happened to be the entire Panthers team.

The two locations they liked were his backyard, or Bank of America Stadium. She leaned more towards the backyard, while he liked the field. So they came up with a compromise if this were to happen. They have the ceremony at Bank of America Stadium, and have the reception at home.

"What do you think?"

"I like it."

They were thinking of doing a country rustic theme for their wedding. Except Harrison and Carrie weren't sure how that would look on the field, or if they should do two themes in two different locations.

"When's Todd coming?" He asked.

"In a few minutes. Why?"

"Just wondering."

Harrison rolled over and avoided eye contact. "Are you nervous to meet my brother?"

"Maybe a little."

"The big, bad, linebacker is scared to meet my brother."

"I'm not scared."

She just laughed. "You sure look like it."

"Am not."

"Why are you even nervous?"

He swallowed. "I asked your mom for her permission to propose to you. I didn't ask Todd."

"And?"

"That's why."

"He's not going to care at all. Trust me, he's more excited to meet you as a football player and not my fiancé."

Just then they heard a knock on their hotel door. Harrison got up to answer it. Todd's football season with UCLA was over. He would only play one more game in college in the Alamo Bowl in January.

Since his collegiate season was over, Todd decided to join them in New York as the Panthers took on the Jets tomorrow. Today, they were going into New York City for dinner before Harrison played tomorrow.

As Carrie shut her laptop, Harrison opened the door. She got up and joined Harrison by the door to see Todd staring up at Harrison in awe. Carrie crushed her brother in a hug.

"I'm so happy you could come."

"Me too."

It was the first time she'd seen Todd in a few months. And that was because she lived in North Carolina now. Carrie saw Todd almost every weekend when she lived in Beverly Hills outside of football season.

She led him go and he shook hands with Harrison. "Nice to finally meet you. Carrie told me a lot about you."

"It's nice to meet you too."

Todd's excitement to meet the future Hall of Famer was plastered on his face as the three of them made their way to the living room.

"How's your head?" He asked Harrison.

"Doing well," he answered with a smile. Tomorrow, Harrison would return to the field after being out for three games.

"Carrie, mom wants to know when you and Harrison are doing your engagement photos so she can come help."

They looked at each other. Engagement photos? Neither of them thought of it. "We can do some," Harrison suggested.

"So Todd, I've seen a few clips of you playing. You're pretty damn good out there."

"Thanks."

Carrie prepared her fiancé that Todd would talk his ear off about football. "Do you think I could get drafted?"

Harrison nodded. "Based on what I saw, yes. What round? I'm not sure. I haven't seen you play enough to determine that."

But what Harrison did know was the Carolina was going to be in the market for a free safety come April. Their guy was mostly likely going to get paid big money to go play somewhere else. He didn't tell Todd that to keep him from getting his hopes up. The NFL Draft was so unpredictable.

In his 7 years in the league, Harrison had seen everything in the draft. From great players getting drafted late, to some draft picks that made absolutely no sense. Just as a few years ago everyone thought Johnny Manziel was going to go in the early in the first round but ended up being the 22nd overall pick. Anything can happen.

"So Harrison," Todd began. Carrie sat back and listened to the guys go on a long conversation about football.

Guys I have an issue. Both my teams play their last preseason game against each other tonight and I'm torn between who to cheer for. After doing a ton of research about the Panthers for this book I'm really starting to like them. But my parents are definitely going to root for the Steelers because my moms from Pittsburgh and so naturally I've grown up liking the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins.

HELP ME!