109

Harrison came in the backyard to see Carrie already waiting for him. She was sitting on the four wheeler wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

"Nice shirt."

He actually looked down at his shirt. It was all white with the Panthers logo on the front. Except that it looked like Chewbacca.

"Thanks. The whole team got one in December when the new movie came out."

Harrison had on hand on the handlebar and was about to jump on behind her when he asked, "you sure you don't want your own. My other one is automatic."

Carrie shook her head. "You can do all the hard work."

He climbed on behind her and started his beloved four wheeler. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Harrison shifted it into first gear and turned towards the woods. "I actually have a ton of trails that go through here. A few summers ago, Terrance and I made them."

"This is the first time I've ever been on one of these."

"You're going to love it."

They drove for a little bit. The trails were pretty nice. After deciding where the trails would go through, Harrison and Terrance put down some rocks to keep the vegetation from totally covering them. With the rocks laid down, there also wasn't as much mud.

As they went, Harrison was pointing out specific things in the woods such as the pond, the small creek they had to cross, and the small field where he saw plenty of deer in the last few years.

"Wanna know something you probably don't know about me?"

She looked over her shoulder. "Sure."

"Terrance and I were into racing four wheelers when we were younger. I won a few races before I fell off and dislocated my shoulder and ended up missing my entire sophomore football season in high school. That was the end of racing."

"Is that why your shoulder is messed up?"

"Yep."

They came to a four way junction. "Which way?"

"Let's go straight," she told him.

They continued straight for a little bit when Harrison suddenly stopped. "What?"

He pointed up ahead. "A bear and her two cubs."

The three bears were crossing the trail up ahead. "Definitely don't want to get too close to them. Mama bears get nasty when you get close to their cubs. Especially when they should be hibernating right now."

"Did you find that out the hard way too?"

"Actually no. You just don't want to mess with them."

After giving the bears a few minutes to venture deeper into the woods away from the trail, Harrison and Carrie continued on.

"Geez, how far are we going?"

"Far. This path we're on now circles back to the house."

Harrison sped up a little bit on the following straightaway. "This is fun, isn't it?"