53

Harrison was so happy when he finally got cleared to start working out again. In fact, as soon as they got home from seeing Ryan, he made her come downstairs and spot him.

It was the Panthers bye weekend. They beat the Dolphins the week before to extend their win streak to 10 games. They were the only undefeated team left in the NFL. Harrison also got his clearance to practice all this coming week and play against the Jets in New York.

Carrie was waiting for him in the basement. She got a few things out of all his working out as well. Just then he came downstairs, wearing only shorts. That was something she got out of it.

"What are you doing first?"

"Stretching."

She waited for him to finish stretching. Then he walked over to the set of weights and came back with a 40 pound dumbbell. He sat back down on the mat he stretched on and hooked his feet under a small bar Carrie never noticed.

"I usually start basic with push-ups or sit-ups."

"Basic? Sit-ups with a 40 pound weight. That's really basic."

His smile was enough to make her smile. "Get in a workout routine with me and it will be basic."

Carrie just watched him do 50 sit-ups while holding the dumbbell. "Geez."

He finished. "This is just the beginning."

"What's next?"

"Push-ups."

Harrison put the dumbbell away, and came back with some kind of weighted vest. He buckled it around himself. "What's this do?"

"It weighs 50 pounds. Instead of strapping a weight to myself, I just wear this. It disperses the weight well."

He laid on his stomach. "You can help me with these if you want."

"And how do I do that?"

He patted the mat next to him. "Lay down on your back."

Carrie did as told. Harrison crawled over to her on all fours. Putting both hands shoulder width apart beside her shoulders, he began to do push-ups. Every time his chest pressed against her, he kissed her before doing another one.

She had no idea how many he did. Then he blew her away by doing them one handed. What couldn't he do?

Once he finished, he rolled off her and undid the vest. Carrie didn't know how many he did, but she wished he would do more. "How many?"

"A hundred."

"Wow."

She followed him to the bench press. After dating him for 4 months, she knew that was his favorite. "Grab those," he said, point to a few weights laying beside the bar.

Carrie helped him load the bar with weights. "How much do you normally bench? Can you bench me?"

He started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"Of course I can bench you. Easily. In fact, my max is more than three of you."

"Let's see it muscles."

"If you insist." Harrison laid down on the floor. Carrie leaned across him and allowed him to place a hand on her stomach. Then he placed the other under her leg. She just looked down at him as he lowered her down to his chest before pushing her up until his arms were extended.

Harrison set her down after doing a few. "See?"

"I see. Now I want to see your max."

Over the course of training camp, preseason, and now regular season, he increased his max from 310 pounds to 350 with 5 reps.

Carrie held her hands under the bar and watched as he did the 5 reps easily. In fact, he continued to 10 before she helped him set the bar back in its holder.

Harrison continued to impress her. He was a beast in the weight room. And him being so strong, made it look easy.

❺❾

After watching him do squats, Carrie listened to him explain his next workout to her. "I guarantee you've never seen anything like this before."

Harrison then jumped up onto the bar above him. He held his entire body horizontally. Then she watched as he began to swing his legs back and forth from side to side. She then realized it was an ab workout. Him swinging his legs back and forth above the ground worked on his core body to strength.

When he jumped down, he was sweating a lot and panting. "Now that is the best core workout you'll ever see."

Last triple update for a while because I start school tomorrow😭 I. Am. Not. Ready. At. All.