58

The fans made sure Harrison's return to the field was a loud one. Even away from North Carolina, Panthers fans outnumbered Jets fans. Quite a few fans made the trip up the coast to New Jersey to see Harrison's return.

Carrie got Todd a sideline pass as her 'intern.' Together, they stood beside the Panthers bench and watched as Harrison led the team out of the tunnel. The 'HARRISON' chant begun immediately.

She couldn't help but smile. Captain America was a fan favorite and the face of the Carolina Panthers. Carrie watched him jog over to the sidelines. He was wearing his all white jersey with his new helmet and Q-collar.

Meanwhile next to Carrie, Todd continued to check out the jersey Harrison gave him. It was one of his game used away jerseys from last season.

"Carrie, look at this. It even has his captain's patch."

She playfully rolled her eyes. Todd was quite excited to meet Harrison, and even more excited that he would become family soon.

❺❾

The Panthers took the field for their first drive on defense. The offense already drove all the way down the field to score a touchdown to open the game. They were already playing with the lead.

Fans began chanting his name again. Carrie had never been at a game this season where the crowd didn't start chanting his name. In fact, it happened multiple times a game.

Her eyes scanned through the crowd in MetLife Stadium. Dozens of fans dressed up in Captain America costumes. And even more fans wore his jersey over their winter jackets.

Harrison's number 59 had been a best seller since the beginning of the season. They sold millions of his jerseys and the majority of the fans she spotted were wearing his jersey.

He jogged out onto the field with the rest of the defense. She was so glad to finally see him back on the field. After all he went through with his second concussion, Carrie was so glad he made a quick recovery to get back on the field.

"So how did you manage to hook up with him?" Todd asked as Harrison stood in his normal middle linebacker position.

"It just happened," she answered.

"Come on. I need details."

Carrie handed him her bag. "Hold this." She unzipped it and pulled out her camera. "It started at media day. I was there doing a few interviews and he found me. He came to me for an interview. Then after that we hit it off I guess."

Harrison came blasting through the line of scrimmage on 3rd & 3 to stop the Jets running back behind the line to force a punt.

"He is so good."

"That's because he works harder than everybody to be this good. He gets up at 7 and has an entire workout done before I get up. And he's always the last one out there practicing. He doesn't stop until he gets it done right."

Todd watched Harrison stand beside the defensive coordinator and look over the playbook for the next drive. He wanted to be the Harrison of the safety position in the NFL. He wanted fans to be chanting his name and having his jersey be the best seller, just like Harrison.

❺❾

Harrison patrolled the line of scrimmage. As he inched up on the line, the quarterback changed the play and moved the tight end to the other side of the offensive line. He shuffled until he was once again covering the tight end.

This was one of the trick plays he designed that the Jets would never see coming. He looked as if he was going to be covering the tight end in man to man, but really Luke was. Luke, a few feet to Harrison's right, would move in to cover the tight end on a short pass as he went in for the blitz.

"Right here! Right here!" He shouted to Luke.

The ball was snapped and the play worked perfectly. The right tackle was expecting Harrison to be out in coverage with the tight end, not beating him to the quarterback.

Harrison beat the tackle for an easy sack. "Yeah!"

He got off the quarterback and immediately flexed his muscles and yelled again. He turned to go celebrate with his teammates when he ran into the Jets quarterback. Harrison pushed by him.

"Better get off the field buddy."

Harrison clanked helmets with a few of his teammates. "Thanks another one!"

Captain America was back.