14

Harrison and Carrie didn't waste their day off. They went out for an expensive lunch before heading home to get the dogs and heading to Mountain Island Lake to go kayaking.

She was surprised when they came to the end of a half hour drive at a beautiful lake. It was very quiet and calm. There were people out fishing in boats, along the dock, and there were people kayaking and paddle boarding.

After helping Harrison take the kayaks down to the launch, she ran back to his truck to get Gary and Wilson. They both happily walked side by side all the way to her kayak.

Gary and Wilson were becoming the best of friends. Now Gary, a dog that didn't normally play very much, followed Wilson all around and the two of them played together.

"Ready sweetheart?"

"Yes hotshot," she said with a smile.

Carrie climbed in her kayak with Wilson and Gary. Harrison then pushed her in before jumping in his own kayak and following.

They paddled past a few more kayakers before she said, "you know, the media's probably going to find out about us now."

Harrison flipped his hat backwards. "Yeah, there goes our personal lives."

Once the media found out about the two of them, he'd be constantly asked about her, and she'd be constantly followed around by photographers and reporters. He was arguably the best linebacker in the NFL, which meant he got plenty of media attention. Which also meant she would now too. Apparently the best linebacker in the NFL out with someone was a big deal. And there would be the fake stories that came out as well.

As they paddled, Harrison quickly splashed her and the dogs. "What was that for?"

He just laughed. "For fun."

"Wilson, do you want me to get your daddy back?"

The little German shepherd barked along with Gary. "I take that as two yeses."

When he pulled along side her and the dogs, Carrie smacked her paddle against the surface of the water and completely soaked him. "Who's talking now?"

"Good comeback kid."

Carrie splashed him again. "Kid?" She asked with a smile. "Who ya calling kid?"

Harrison smiled. "I got three years on you."

Another splash came. "Can you please stop splashing me?"

"Why? You're already soaked," she answered with a giggle. "Here, take another one."

❺❾

The playful bickering continued for the rest of their date, and all the way to her apartment until Carrie shut him up with a kiss. Their playful bickering was something she loved in their relationship. They both had fun teasing each other. And they both weren't afraid to dish it out but take it back in return.

He closed her apartment door and deepened the kiss as she backed towards the couch. Harrison spun around and sat down with her on his lap. His fingers slipped under the hem of her shirt, but he quickly pulled them away.

She held his head in her hands. "It's okay. I want this as much as you do."

Harrison picked her up and carried her down the hallway into her bedroom before shutting the door so Wilson or Gary couldn't run in. The two of them fell back onto the bed.

As his hands slid under her shirt and up her back, Carrie couldn't help but once again think about what a future would look like for the two of them. She could see herself by his side for the rest of her life. And she could see herself watching his games with their kids on her lap.

It was only a matter of moments until he pulled her shirt over her head. Carrie then began to work on his. She had his shirt off one shoulder as he trailed kisses down her neck.

Harrison hovered above her. "You're so beautiful," he whispered in between kisses.

His weight pressed against her hips. Carrie finally freed the tangled shirt from his arms and head and threw it somewhere off her bed. He pressed a passionate kiss to her lips.

Carrie traced her fingers along his now clean shaven cheeks. "You like it better?"

"I think you should grow it back," she said between kisses. "I love to play with it."

With one of his hands pressed against the pillow, the other played with her hair. He fanned her long hair out on the pillow before kissing her once again.

Both of her hands were pressed against his chest, in an attempt to force him to ease his weight off her body. "Harrison, you're heavy."

He chuckled. "It's all muscle sweetheart."

She ran her hands down his chest. "I can see that."

Harrison slipped his fingers under her waistband, as she pulled him down for yet another kiss. "Will I be your first?" She asked.

He nodded. "I waited for you. You're the one."

Carrie smiled up at him as he kissed her forehead. "What about you? Will I be your first?"

"Does Alex count?"

Harrison shook his head. "That son of a bitch doesn't count."

She just laughed. He was so protective of her and she loved it. "Then that makes you my first."

He smiled and kissed her again.

Sorry for the very late update today. I had a softball tournament all day.