Chapter Fifteen Re-written

Hey! How about that new chapter huh?*Shocked face*  Yeah sorry for being slow. Hope you like this chapter and please leave a comment and vote if you did. I kinda live for that stuff!

David P.O.V

We parked the car on top of a hill. There were some cars around but there's mostly wood workers that live out here. It was as beautiful as i had remembered it to be. Deep fjords with snow covered mountaintops reflecting in the clear lake beneath. Breathtaking. My gazing was interrupted by Marlene. She was struggling with getting the suitcases out and was yelling for me to come help her out. Even though, if she wanted to, she could easily pick up all the suitcases, the tents, all the groceries and carry it all by herself to the campsite. The reason she didn't was probably so she wouldn't scare Jaden. Such strength wasn't normal and he was not ready to know what we were yet. The shock would scar him even more. He was still too frail to know. But still I found it very strange that... Jaden himself, being our biological son, hadn't shown any symptoms of the...

"For goodness sake David! My back is breaking here. Would you please help me!?" Marlene shouted and i rushed to take one of Catrinas heavy suitcase from her. Boy was it heavy. 

We finished taking the packing out of the car and began walking towards the campsite. I noticed that Catrina wasn't holding back with showing how strong she really was when she took both her heavy suitcases and swinged them up on her back like they weighed nothing. I glanced at Jaden, worried for how he would react, but it seemed like he didn't think anything of it. More like he didn't even noticed it. He looked down to the ground before his feet and walked in silence. I worried for him. Were we walking to fast? Did he have a hard time keeping up?

"Jaden? You alright?" He looked up at me, startled. I slowed down my pace. Marlene went up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Do you need a break, honey? We can stop anytime" Jaden shook his head and kept on walking. Me and Marlene exchanged worried looks but decided to let it be. The wind was picking up and i felt small droplets of water hit my face. It would be dark soon. It's best to camp here for the night and continue in the morning. 

"Everyone! We are camping here for tonight seeing as the night is closing in and the weather is getting bad" 

We set up out tents. Me and Marlene shared a bigger tent while Catrina and Jaden had smaller separate tents just beside ours. We offered Jaden to share tent with us, so he would feel more safe, but he didn't want to. He worried me, that boy. His scars are too deep for me and Marlene to comprehend. I sighed and went over to the dry wood we had brought and started a fire. Even though the rain had started to fall pretty heavily, the smoke of the fire would throw off predators nearby. We had decided to call it a night since it was no use to be outside with this weather. I went over to Catrinas tent, said goodnight and closed the tent zipper. Then i went over to Jadens tent and found him sitting with his knees up to his chest, shivering. 

"Jaden? How are you feeling?" I looked at him concerned. I climbed into the tent with him and sat myself down beside him. 

"I..I'm fine, T..thanks. A little c..cold that's all" he said meekly. I took off my jacket and placed it around his shoulders. I tucked him in into the warm blankets and laid down beside him.

"I'll just lay down here for a bit. If that's alright" I said while a yawn escaped from my mouth. I didn't want him to feel lonely or scared but the tent was clearly not ment for two people as we were squished together. Jaden didn't seem to mind though. In fact, he looked quite at peace. It didn't take long before I heard small, mumbled snores. I looked down at him and felt warm inside. My son. My precious son, finally home. I gently pushed away his hair from his face and, as quietly as I could, crawled out of the tent. I closed the tent zipper and made my way to Catrinas tent to say goodnight and then went to Marlenes and my tent. I was exhausted and hurried inside the tent, in to the warmth.

Jaden P.O.V

I was startled awake from the horrible nightmare i had. I dreamed of him again..the Doctor. I felt a warm tear breaking out from my left eye and i quickly brushed it away. I was done crying. He's not here anymore. But something inside me didn't believe that. As long as he was alive he would never leave me alone. He would forever haunt me in my dreams. 

I broke away from my train of thoughts and laid down to try to get some sleep. The wind was really harsh outside and was pulling violently at the tent. I was worried that the wind would carry it away but my weight should be enough of an anchor to keep it steady. After a few minutes  i began to falling back into sleep. 

A strange noise woke me up. It sounded like footsteps outside my tent however they were slow and heavy. It didn't sound like normal footsteps. I didn't pay it much attention. It was probably one of the others, getting up to use the restroom. The footsteps came closer to my tent. I listened attentively. It was probably David or Marlene checking in. The footsteps stopped right outside my tent. It was probably the wind but it sounded as if someone was panting really hard. Suddenly it stopped. I heard no footsteps or any breathing. I relaxed a little. It was probably an animal that was searching for food. However my calm moment didn't last long when something pressed, what looked like a large hand, at the tent at the entrance. 

"Let. Me. In" That voice shilled me down to my bones. It sounded like an animal that was trying to say human words. It didn't sound human at all. I was stuck with fear. I heard thunder roaring outside and rain began to patter against the tent. 

"LET. ME. IN" The voice shrieked even louder and as it did that, lightning lit up the tent. My heart stopped. As the lightning lit up the tent i saw the outline of the thing outside my tent. It looked like it had goat horns and long disfigured fingers that was pressed down on my tent. I knew exactly what it was. It was one of those creatures i had seen that day at the house. The creatures that came out of the woods. I shook violently and looked around for something to use as self defense. I could only find the flashlight that David gave me. I gripped it tightly and held it against my chest. Suddenly the disfigured hand that pressed down on the tent retreated. My fear grew when i noticed that it was searching for a way to get in when it pressed down on different spots on the tent. Why wouldn't it just rip the tent open? Or pull down the zipper? 

Maybe it didn't know how or maybe it wasn't sure what was inside the tent. Either way it acted cautiously. It was smart. I tried breathing as quietly as i could, maybe it would go away if it thought nobody was here... It knew i was in here. When it dragged the hand over the ziplock area one of the claws must have gotten stuck in the zipper because it ripped a small hole at the ziplock that seals the entrance.

Oh no... The thing pressed down on the small hole and made an ever bigger hole. This was it. I was going to die. I had never been more terrified. At least with the Doctor i knew what was coming. Long, black, disfigured fingers with long claws poked in from the small hole at the entrance, reaching in for me. It didn't reach because i scooted as far away as i could from the entrance. The hand retracted and began pushing and making the hole even bigger. It was coming in here. It was just a matter of seconds.

I had to act quickly. The only thing i had to defend myself with were this flashlight so the plan was to temporary blind it with the flashlight and make a run for it. It was the only way since i can't fight to save my life. It was dark and pouring rain outside. Even if i screamed there's no way the others would hear me over the thunder and rain. The entrance was now fully open. When that thing pushed it's face into the tent i swear that i was close to fainting. My eyes almost rolled to the back of my head. It had horns protruding from the forehead, a disfigured face that kind of resembled that of a human with a pointy crooked nose, black demon like eyes and a mouth that didn't have lips instead it was just rows of sharp teeth, similar to that of a carnivorous animal. It's breath smelling like rotting meat. A thing of hell.

With shaky hands i fumbled to turn the flashlight on. It was slowly reaching for me. It's teeth pulled up into the scariest grins I've ever seen. Just when it was about to grab me the flashlight turned on and shined directly at it's face. As planned the creature made a painful shriek and shot out of the tent, covering it's eyes. This was my chance. On shaking legs i pushed from the ground and bolted out of the tent. It was pitch black outside and stormy weather. I panicked. Where were David and Marlenes tent? I couldn't see them. The creature made a loud shriek behind me and out of fear I just ran straight ahead, into the woods....