Chapter Twenty eight Re-written

We finally arrived at the location that The Doctor said Asmodeus body would be and we stepped out of the car. Dark clouds were rolling in from the west and the wind was picking up speed. A storm was closing in, a big one and a muffled thundering could be heard from the distance.

"Well it should be around here somewhere. I didn't exactly make him a tombstone." Roger said and scratched his chin, acting agitated.

"Would you like for me to help you jog your memory Roger? Perhaps a good smack to your head would suffice?" I said and raised my hand. I was beginning to feel an irritation and it was growing bigger and bigger. I had to hurry and find his damned body. I can't have him resurrect in his demon body and have him gain back his powers. I know who's the first one on his hit list... ME that's who. I may be powerful but as much as I hate to admit it, I can't chance me being stronger than Asmodeus because I would probably lose and then it would be the end of me for good. If I'm lucky and he ends it quickly.

"No need to get violent! Look there, by the dead tree over there. He lays there, I'm sure." Roger said and pointed aggressively towards a tree a few meters away from us. I lowered my hand and pushed Roger foward. With fast steps we were infront of the tree in an instant. Roger started to dig with the shovel i brought and dug with haste. The thunder was getting closer and this time I could feel the ground slightly vibrate when the sky roared. This was going to be one hell of a storm.
"There he is! Just as I told you" Roger exclaimed loudly and took a step back to allow me to have a look inside the deep hole he had dug. There, inside the deep, earthy grave he was. His waistlong black hair still as shiny and well kept as he used to have it though it was covered in a layer of dirt now. His delicate eyelids that hid his ice blue eyes were closed. I felt my heart quench at the sight of him. I got angry at myself for still feeling this way. I was going to end him once and for all. This dirty liar betrayed me and stabbed my back after I.... gave him my heart. I had to take part in killing him for what he did to me and I am not about to let him have the chance to take revenge.

"Pack him up, Roger. We're taking him with us." The Doctor looked at me with a confused stare.

"What on earth for? You came to destroy his body, no? Better to do it here with some fire than to risk something going wrong with the transportation and Asmodeus soul finding his body." Roger said and lifted his right brow in confusion.

"Silence! I decide what's to become of Asmodeus and I say we'll take him with us. Is that not clear enough for you?" I said with authority and irritation. I was annoyed because that worm was right. It WOULD be better to destroy him here and be done with him but... when I look at his face I just.. I need more time to sort my head out. THEN I'll kill him and be satisfied with my work too. That'll give me some time to squash the remainder of my affections for this bastard so I can do what needs to be done. Roger just sighed and jumped into the grave to lift out Asmodeus body.

"So where are we going with his body? Or is that a secret as well?" Roger said and smirked. I arched my brow and smirked back.

"We'll go to my cabin and decide what to do with him there. Now hurry damnit, before the rain starts pouring." I said and began to walk back to my car, leaving Roger to tow Asmodeous larger build by himself. I started the car and honked at Roger to hurry up. He pushed Asmodeus body into the backseat and buckled him in while cursing under his breath. When he was inside the car I stepped on the gas and speeded down the long road back to my cabin. I had to hurry before Asmodeus soul breaks free from his vessel and goes to search for his body. It wouldn't be long now..

AT THE RYER RECIDENCE

My throat was throbbing and I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I couldn't open my eyes because they were swollen shut and all I could see through the small gap that my eyes allowed to open was a dark blur. I was exhausted and my muscles didn't wanna work when I tried to sit myself up. It just became me wiggling around in bed to force myself to sit up. My body was not having it and I soon stopped even trying. It was then I felt it. The warm embrace from the back that screamed secure and safe. I leaned into it and it was like heaven. Warmth spread throughout my body like an electric shock and my heart started to pound a little louder.

I didn't have to turn around to know who was behind me. I recognized his smell and his presence. It was Nicolai. I could feel his faint breaths on my neck as he closed the gap between our bodies. His naked torso pressed against my naked back and I could feel his heartbeat. It had a steady and strong rhythm which was calming to feel. I turned to face him though I could not see him that well I snuggled closer to him and laid my head against his neck, smelling him. His scent lulled me back into deep sleep and I felt myself drifting away but this time, for the first time, it felt like no one could harm me.

Little did I know what hell was about to be unleashed...