Chapter Two - Re-written

I frequently passed out. I could vaguely feel his hand pressing my head down in the silky pillow, making it difficult to breathe. I hardly felt anything at this point. My brain had shut down, it had to in order for me to survive. I could barely hear his inhumane grunts as he was closing in. I felt a warm liquid on my back and the pressure lifted. Dark spots started to take over my blurry vision until it was completely black.

When I awoke I was back in my cell. My cold, lonely cell. I couldn't move. The pain in my body was so intense that even opening my eyes made me want to throw up. As I laid on the cold wooden floor I let my mind wander. This tiny, lonely cell that had been a home to many. Maybe even that boy in the sailor uniform. How long did he live here? Maybe he also laid on this floor, dreaming away to the day when death would take him away. No, he was to strong willed to just die. He probably thought about how he would escape this hell and reunite with his family.

Family. I wondered about my family sometimes. Did i have one? Were they looking for me? Did they miss me? Of course they didn't, who am i kidding. There is no family out there for me. Even if there were they didn't want me and that's why they sold me to the Doctor. Tears filled my eyes and ran down my cheeks. Did nobody love me? Did no one wonder where their little boy has gone to? I was going to die here. Alone and unloved by anyone. I wiped my tears and covered myself with a dirty blanket. I took a few breaths. There is no happy ending to my tale. I closed my eyes and drifted off to a place where no one could hurt me. My dreams.

"D...give...up" I heard a faint voice in the darkness. What did it say? I stood up and looked around.

"Don't give up" I heard it clearly now. I couldn't see who the voice belonged to but it was the sweetest sound i have ever heard in my life. Loving, caring.

"W-Who are you!?" I frantically looked around me, trying to see something but it was too dark. I felt a warm hand on gently touching my own. Scared, i pulled back my hand and held it against my chest. The warmth was spreading through out my body and i felt a slight tingling in my hand.

"Show yourself!" Suddenly a faint blue light appeared beside me. It was enchanting. But just as suddenly as it appeared it disappeared. I held out my hand, desperately trying to find the blue light. It felt safe and warm. When i realized that it was gone i started to cry. Crying at my helplessness, crying for being stupid, crying for managing to lose the first thing that gave me warmth. I cupped my face in my hands and sobbed as the darkness overwhelmed me.

I woke up in my cell with tears streaming down my face. My throat was dry and swollen. I sat up. Of course it was a dream. Disappointed, i attempted to stand up but my knees quickly buckled under my weight and i fell on my bum. A quiet cure word mumble escaped my lips as the pain bubbled inside my body. I crawled on all fours to the corner of the tiny cell where the old, rusty urinoar was placed. I grabbed hold of the bowl and hauled myself up to my feet. I started to shake from the pain in my body and the hunger that was burning my stomach. I leaned against the wall and did my business. I huttered at the cold that the room had let in. I managed to wobble my way back to the blanket and wrapped myself in tightly to conserve heat. I closed my eyes.

"Wake up. Hey" I felt something lightly tapping my cheek. My eyes fluttered open and instantly fear struck my chest. There was an unknown man kneeling on one knee in front of me. My breathing picked up and my heart started to race. I was terrified. I looked towards the door. The Doctor wasn't there, no one was. I could here mumbling and several footsteps walking through the hallway outside my cell.

"That disgusting snake got tipped off!, He's gone" I didn't react at what they said. I was too focused on the man in front of me.

I immediately tried to stand up but my knees buckled once again and i closed my eyes, embracing for the impact of the hard floor but it never came. I opened my eyes in wonder and saw the the unknown man had caught me. His well built arms wrapped around my torso, lifting me from the ground. Panic raced through my body. He was going to hit me or worse break my bones. I felt my throat close up and it made it very hard to breathe. I started to flail about. Throwing my arms around and trying to get away. I started to cry. I was scared for my life.

"Calm down! You'll hurt yourself" His grip on me tightened. I couldn't hear what he said at this point. The only thing on my mind was surviving. It became increasingly harder to breathe and as it became harder i stopped flailing. All my strength went to trying to get air down my lungs. I felt the mans grip loosen.

"Listen. I'm not going to hurt you. What you are experiencing now is called an panic attack. I need you to calm down so you can breathe" I didn't trust him but i didn't have much of a choice either so i nodded and tried to take deep breaths. The large man gently picked me up and began to walk towards the hallway. I closed my eyes, thinking that he would carry me to the chambers. I won't survive another session in there. As he carried me down the hallway i took a last look at the boy in the sailor uniform. Knowing i wouldn't see him again quenched my heart and made me sad.

My vision was blurry and tears streamed down my face as the man kept walking through the hallway. Just one more turn from here. One more turn and then we would be there. The chambers. I tightly shut my eyes and my hands clawing at my neck, trying to get air. I was going to die. Then suddenly, instead of turning right to the chamber, he turned left. I was stunned. Where WAS he taking me?

He stopped, put me down on the floor and took of his black bomber jacket and draped it over my shoulders. I stared into his light grey eyes and my breathing was returning to normal. His eyes were warm, they had a certain promise to them, like no one was going to hurt me anymore. He wiped my tears away with a bright green handkerchief and gave me a smile. I stared at him, in awe that a person actually could radiate so much warmth. Especially towards someone like me. Trash.

"Will you take my hand? I will take you away from here, away from the painful memories and nightmares this house has given you" I looked down at my own hand. It was dirty and several cuts covering them. I was scared, ashamed. I didn't remember the outside. I have never been allowed to go outside and breathe fresh air. Then i remembered the voice in my dream. It told me not to give up. The boy in the sailor uniform suddenly popped up in my thoughts. I remembered his eyes, full of fight and fire. I took a deep breath and carefully reached out and clasped his hand. The man slowly opened the front door.