Chapter Ten Re-written

The air in the room suddenly became tense. The man leaned towards me from the foot of the bed and stared intensely into my eyes. His eyes slowly changed from ice blue to a yellow-ish hazel color. It was as beautiful as it was frightening. His eyes reminded me of a predator, ready  to take down his prey and in this case it would seem like i was the prey. As he moved to the side of the bed, closing in on me, a sudden shot of adrenaline pumped through my body. It was a feeling i never felt before. It was an instinct that i had, since many years, buried in order to survive. This man brought a feeling of strange excitement within me. I had an overwhelming urge to run away and deep deep down. I wished that this man would chase me. It was a bizarre feeling. A feeling i've never in my life felt before. I kind of liked how it felt. It didn't bring pain or fear just excitement. I glanced towards the half open bedroom door and considered making a run for it.

"What is going on here? Who are you" The woman beside me asked with a slight defense in her voice. The man stared into my eyes a few seconds more before he broke eye contact to look at the woman.

"My name is Nicolai Ashmore. I am the current head of the Ashmore family. I have come here today in hope of getting some questions answered." 

"Questions? About what?" The woman asked with slightly more respect in her voice. Nicolai..The name just seemed to gently roll across my tongue. I wish he would look into my eyes once more..NO what am i thinking! I don't know this man for all i know he could be dangerous. As if hearing my thoughts he looked at me and i felt my knees tingling. A slight blush powdered my cheeks and gave a little color to my pale face. Nicolai smirked. The people in the room seemed to disappear for a moment. He stepped a little closer to me and the same adrenaline that I felt earlier began to build up again. I decided that this time, i was going to run for it. I carefully took the covers off me and readied myself.

"I need to ask your husband a favor. Then, if possible i would like to..." He looked away and it was then I took the opportunity and sprinted to the door. The wounds covering my body ached painfully but i didn't care. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me and bolted out of the bedroom and down the hall. I had never ran so fast before. As much as it hurt, it was a freedom like no other. I could hear the woman shouting after me to stop but i didn't. I just wanted to run forever. When i almost reached the front door i could hear heavy, rapid steps behind me. I glanced back over my shoulder and it was Nicolai that was, very rapidly, closing in on me. I felt a rush of excitement and kept on running. It was not long before i could almost feel his breath on my neck. It was then i noticed that something was wrong. My body was shutting down. I slowed down my pace a little as soon as i did that i could feel two big arms embracing me and lifting me up from the ground from behind. I was so out of breath that it hurt to breathe and i could feel a metallic, blood like taste in my mouth. My whole body started to shake. Suddenly i felt a warm breath tickling my ear.

  "Naughty boy. You think you can run away from me?"

I was so out of breath that i had a difficult time breathing. My heart was going to jump out of my chest and my head was heavy but hearing his voice so close to my ear made me shiver. It was a very pleasant feeling. Strangely enough I didn't feel threatened or scared of this man like i did everyone else. It was something about him that was warm. His presence was like a promise that he wasn't ever going to hurt me. That he was going to protect me.