Chapter Twenty seven Re-written

I stood awkwardly at the ryer residence door. The day was still in its morning hours and the sun hadn't come up yet. It would be rude to disturb their sleep but I was in such a hurry to find Jaden that I didn't notice the time and here I was now, hesitant to even knock at the door in fear of waking David and Marlene. I took a deep breath and lifted my closed hand to knock at the door but before it even made contact the door opened. There stood David with dark black bags under his eyes, tussled hair and a pink coffee cup that since long had cooled. He looked at me boorishly.

"Care to come in Mr. Ashmore? You've been standing here for about 20 minutes now. I wouldn't want the neighbors to think we have stalkers around." He said in a monotoned voice but with a smirk attached and opened the door a little wider for me to get in. I cleared my throat in embarrassment and politely accepted his offer. I stepped inside the foyer and removed my coat. I hung it around my arm as I could not see any clothing hooks.

"Care to explain what you're doing here at this hour then Mr. Ashmore?" David said while offering me a cup of room temperatured coffee. I took it and sat down at the kitchen table across from David.

"I'm here to find Jaden. I can't find him on my own. Any trace of him has just gone to shit please say that you know..." David interuppted me and put his hand up as to stop me from talking.

"He's here. He's in my bed right now, safe so you can calm down." David said in a low, soothing voice. My heart made cartwheels and the news and I quickly stood up, ready to go run see him. Ready to have him in my arms, smelling his unique scent and feeling his warmth but David stopped me.

"He needs to rest. There was an incident in the house earlier and he and Catrina was found injured. Not life threatening injuries but not good either so let them rest up and we'll talk about what happend when they wake up. I'm a bit out of the loop as well as I or Marlene was here when the fight took place." I looked at David in frustration, fear and desperation.

"What do you mean "fight"?! What the hell happened to him?" I hissed through my teeth in an attempt to not raise my voice. David just looked at me and sighed.

"As I said, I don't know what happend or who did what. Only Catrina and Jaden knows and they need to rest right now to gather strength." He said and gestured for me to sit back down on the kitchen chair.

"I need to see him David. Right now. I promise to be quiet but I HAVE  to see that he's okay." I said and looked at David with a dead serious and worried look. David sighed again and said okay. I walked quietly over to the staircase that led to upstairs and sneaked my way up to the master bedroom as to not make any noise. I sniffed the air and my heart started to beat faster, I can smell him. That delicious scent that makes me just want to burrow my head into his chest and stay there. I quickened my pace towards the bedroom that he was in and lightly pushed the bedroom door open. There he was. Bruised and so very small almost like a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest. My heart ached at the sight of my baby like this. I picked him up gently and he groaned from the pain but didn't wake up. I placed his head on my shoulder and felt him nuzzle against my neck. I kissed his forehead and carried him to the guest room that was further down the hall. 

I laid him down on the neatly made bed and yanked the, tightly tucked, covers and placed them on him. I stroked his hair and laid down beside him on top of the covers. I embraced him from behind and i could hear a small sigh escape his lips when his back touched my stomach. I kissed the back of his head tenderly and nuzzled my head into his neck. The feelings of possessiveness and worry overwhelmed me and my grip on him tightened. I was never going to let him go now. My love. My mate.