Chapter Three Re-written

Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter. I will try posting a longer chapter next time. I hope you all like this story so far. If you've read the original story then you may have noticed that i changed a lot of things. I promise that It's because i want to try to make the story and writing style better! <3

I was gasping. Never before had i seen such a beautiful scenery . I couldn't believe my eyes. I rubbed them a few times and i even pinched my arm to see if this was actually happening. I had to make sure that this wasn't a dream and that i wouldn't wake up in the same old cell, waiting for the Doctor to come feed me or worse.

The millions of shining stars up in the cloudless sky made me unable to look away. It was enchanting, bewitching almost. A cool breeze stroked my cheek and a single tear fell from my eye. A tear of joy.

It has now been almost three hours since i got rescued and attained my freedom. It was an odd feeling. I couldn't stop being afraid or cautious against the man that saved me. I didn't trust him. I didn't trust anyone. The throbbing pain in my body was overwhelmed by curiosity and relief. The pain was still there, waiting for a moment of weakness so it could destroy me. But i couldn't be bothered to care that my back burned like it was on fire. I had to be on high alert now that i didn't know what would happen next.

Suddenly the machine that we rode in stopped, this 'car thing' and the man that was controlling it stepped out. I cautiously creeped a little closer to the window to see what was happening. My eyes were greeted my a huge blue house with a big fountain in front and at least five other machines lined up, all in different colors. It looked unreal. Like a picture you would see hanging above a fireplace.

Fireplace. I remember the Doctor having one of his sessions with me in front of his and that particular session left me with severe burn marks on my left inner thigh. I shuddered and felt nauseous at the memory. I was yanked out of my thoughts when the man lightly tapped the window. I scooted away from the, now open, machine door. The man frowned but gently hunched over.

"You don't have to be afraid, come here. There is someone here who wants to meet you" I was beginning to feel scared. Was it the Doctor? Had he come to take me back?

"Hi there" That was not the Doctors voice. I looked up at the gentle voice. It was a young man, barley in his thirties, with warm green eyes and a timid, nervous smile. I continued to study him, on alert in case he might do anything. The young man seemed to notice my discomfort and fright.

"My name is David. Could you tell me your name?" My name? I didn't have something like that. If i did then i guess Freak or Trash is pretty close. That was what the Doctor used to call me. I slowly shook my head. The man frowned and his eyes were full of sorrow.

"Is it alright if i give you a name?" Davids voice trembled a little and he looked at me nervously. Why would he give me a name? The Doctor said that names were only given to children who were loved and wanted. That's why i didn't have a name. I didn't respond to him. I just looked at him, puzzled at his intentions. David sighed and gave me a warm smile.

"Well we'll continue this conversations when you have been properly fed. You must be very hungry" When he mentioned food, as on command, my stomach let out a deep growl. David chuckled and reached out his hand towards me. I hesitated to take it but the hunger was too strong to ignore. I timidly took his hand and got out of the machine. We marched towards the big house and the closer we got the more anxious i became. What if he locked me up too? What if this is the last time i see the sun? My heartbeat picked up. A cold breeze brushed through my paper thin shorts and dirty shirt and i started to uncontrollably shiver and my teeth started to chatter.

"You poor child.Come quickly inside" David picked up the pace and i flailed after, barely managing to keep up. When David opened the front door, a gust of warmth blew on me. It felt so nice.

"Here is the money for the job. Thank you so much Freddie" David gave the man who saved me something and shook his hand.

"Of course, David. Anything for a friend. I know your pain all too well. I'll bring my son next time. I think he and the boy will get along, considering..." The man gave me a sad look, and didn't finish his sentence.

"Of course. Freddie. You are welcome anytime" David nodded to the man. He then walked off towards his machine and left. The front door closed and David took a step in front of me, turned around to face me, and gave me a big smile.

  "Welcome home, sweetie"