CHAPTER THIRTY THREE - "FLAWS"

Start from the beginning

"I don't mean to be this way...I just need you to be a lil more patient with me...please DeAndre, please be patient with me..." she whispered.

A deep sigh escaped from his lips. He felt bad for going off on her. He turned around to face her and laid her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry for going off on you...being away from you was just so hard and when I got out, you were the first person I wanted to see...the first person that I needed to see. Right now I just want to make up for lost time" he said before placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Hopefully this will help" she said before placing a lingering kiss on his lips.

He pulled her closer and deepened the kiss while his hands roamed her body. He broke the kiss before he got carried away and placed a final kiss on her forehead. She reclaimed her position on his chest as his fingers lightly traced a path from her arm to her hip. He was deep in thought. Her breathing informed him that she had not drifted of to sleep yet.

"You have lost a lot of weight..." he said when he could no longer keep his train of thought to himself.

"Yeah..." she simply replied.

Just a few weeks had passed since he last saw her and Azania had dropped a considerable amount of weight in a short amount of time. He was not an expert when it came to weight loss but he doubted that it could be good for her health.

"Is there something that you need to tell me?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked lifting her head from his chest to look at him.

"You have lost too much weight in a short amount of time, are you starving yourself?"

"Are you complaining that I'm losing weight?"

"The selfish side of me wants to say yes because I will be the one losing the pleasure of grabbing onto those curves but this is not about me, it's about your wellbeing. I don't care what you weigh, I just want you to be healthy...and if you have some hips and curves to grab onto, I definitely don't mind that" he stated while grabbing onto her hips.

"Is that right?" she asked with a shy smile.

"Uh-huh" he replied.

"I haven't intentionally been losing weight" she conceded "I just had a lot on my mind..." she trailed off.

Realisation dawned on him. "You mean us?"

"Yes DeAndre" she sighed. "When I'm stressed or something, I throw myself into my work and things like eating become secondary."

"That's not good."

"I know, it's just one of my many flaws..."

"I'm trying to think of something corny to say right now, but nothing comes to mind."

"How about we all got flaws?" she offered.

"I said that already, so you know that I'm not perfect either."

"Well I haven't seen anyone of those flaws."

"Give it some time, you will see the cracks and I can only hope that you will still love me when you do."

"Who said that I love you though?"

You don't have to say it yet, I already know that you do."

"I see it now, arrogance is definitely one of your flaws" she chuckled.

"Not arrogance baby girl, it's more like confidence. I'm confident that you love me...just like I love you..."

"I do love you DeAndre...but just a little bit" she joked.

"Well I'm going to make sure that you love me a lot" he smiled.

He saw her eyes dropping, she could no longer fight the fatigue. "Good night Azania..."

She placed a lingering kiss on his lips before she laid her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his torso. "Good night DeAndre" she replied before they both drifted off to sleep.

================================

Issa Update!

Thank you for the comments (I love those) and the votes (I appreciate those).

The picture in the media depicts Azania's weight loss but this book won't be one of those weight loss books.

I've read a few books on Wattpad and I hate how people make rape/abuse seem so casual. For eg. a person get raped and then a few hours/day later they are already having relations like nothing happened. Mxm!

Anyhoo, I appreciate y'all. ❤😘