065

Maika

Today is the last day before my surgery. I have to check in to the hospital at two o'clock but I would rather be alone than saying goodbye to my friends. That would just be too painful.

At ten, I leave my house and head towards the flower shop, buying two bouquets. I walk across the street to enter the graveyard's grounds, treading towards my father's grave.

I set the flowers down on his headstone and kneel on the grass.

"I know you want me to stop blaming myself for everything but I just can't. I know that you don't want me to be weak but did I even know how to be strong in the beginning?" I sigh. "I know that there's that I can do though. I won't cry, because has never solved anything,"

I place my hand on the cool stone, running my fingers over the engraved words. "I love you Dad..."

I come to my feet and look at his grave one last time. A gentle breeze passes by and the petals of the flowers sway in the wind. I walk away from his grave and to Kaori's. I place the lilies I bought on her headstone and sit.

"Today was the day that I met you again for the first time since we were young last year," I pause for a moment. "I didn't live like you told me to, I'm sorry... I was never as bold as you though,"

"If you could forgive me, that's all I ask for."